3Likes
  • 1 Post By USMC_1775
  • 1 Post By USMC_1775
  • 1 Post By USMC_1775

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-17-2021, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
USMC_1775

2022 Rubicon 392 Xtreme Recon - Ordered

2022 Rubicon 392 Xtreme Recon Package - Ordered!

On 10/7/21, my dealer had a conference call with Jeep about the 2022 ordering process. During this call he was provided with his 392 allocation and confirmed the Recon package was good to go.

On 10/13/21, I went into the dealer and placed my order for the 2022 Rubicon 392, Black, dual-top group, tow package, with the 35 inch tire Recon package. He said it should take about 12-15 weeks lol. I left the dealer with my order number. The dealer said he would reach out in about 2-3 weeks with the VIN.

He mention the factory shuts down for about 2 weeks in December for the holidays but he has seen them kick up production in an attempt fill pending orders. But I am prepared for this to take longer. We will see...

My first forum post ever, lol. If you all find this valuable, I will keep you updated as it unfolds.

Kickstart likes this.

Past: 1980 CJ7 Black Present: 2014 JK Altitude Black Stock, Just Ordered: 2022 392 Recon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-17-2021, 10:57 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
The only thing i wonder is if it will be used for what a Rubicon can do, on just 35s.

off road the 392 only has an advantage is in sand where the 3.6 or 4T will just not have enough to really spin them fast enough if its that steep of dunes. Like Sand hollow. Or Glamis for example. Those type dunes you run High range for wheel speed. We run with a few V8 ls Yjs and Tjs, we have one guy with a Ls JKUR but he dont wheel it much over moderate. But the V8s on the dunes always sounds and looks better then my 3.6 giver it all she has.

That cost 75k+ so i would not expect to see you on say Fordyce. But i wheel with a lot of people and events that I will see one soon enough. But serious crawling you dont need all that much power unless you are rock hopping and the JLR wont take with d44s much of that before it breaks. has the power but not the drive train. For 80k i would want the new Dana UD60s under that 392. Made by the same Dana that made the d44s you have now. They BOLT up even the factory could do it, bigger brakes by far all plug and play and for d60s no d60 is stronger. has better clearance and bigger shafts than other 60s larger U joint that is massive as is the ball joint its massive, better then the old king pin even. all are full floaters. You need 1350 drive shafts and yokes for sure. I have broke a 1310 yoke and seen more then a few fail on JKs with a 3.6. Big power should have better parts. A Red Eye charger dont spin 35s or 37s...........Just saying Jeep should have, for that kind of money as that 392 dont cost them any more then a 3.6 really.

But it is a fastest, quickest Jeep made...until and i dont see Jeep doing a all E jeep well my self. S-Plaid Jeep? wait the E jeep now can do what 15 miles? yea that ship wont sail far...

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-17-2021, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
USMC_1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
The only thing i wonder is if it will be used for what a Rubicon can do, on just 35s.

off road the 392 only has an advantage is in sand where the 3.6 or 4T will just not have enough to really spin them fast enough if its that steep of dunes. Like Sand hollow. Or Glamis for example. Those type dunes you run High range for wheel speed. We run with a few V8 ls Yjs and Tjs, we have one guy with a Ls JKUR but he dont wheel it much over moderate. But the V8s on the dunes always sounds and looks better then my 3.6 giver it all she has.

That cost 75k+ so i would not expect to see you on say Fordyce. But i wheel with a lot of people and events that I will see one soon enough. But serious crawling you dont need all that much power unless you are rock hopping and the JLR wont take with d44s much of that before it breaks. has the power but not the drive train. For 80k i would want the new Dana UD60s under that 392. Made by the same Dana that made the d44s you have now. They BOLT up even the factory could do it, bigger brakes by far all plug and play and for d60s no d60 is stronger. has better clearance and bigger shafts than other 60s larger U joint that is massive as is the ball joint its massive, better then the old king pin even. all are full floaters. You need 1350 drive shafts and yokes for sure. I have broke a 1310 yoke and seen more then a few fail on JKs with a 3.6. Big power should have better parts. A Red Eye charger dont spin 35s or 37s...........Just saying Jeep should have, for that kind of money as that 392 dont cost them any more then a 3.6 really.

But it is a fastest, quickest Jeep made...until and i dont see Jeep doing a all E jeep well my self. S-Plaid Jeep? wait the E jeep now can do what 15 miles? yea that ship wont sail far...
Hey 222Doc,

Agreed, at this price point the 392 should have a better drive train. I am on the East Coast but the wife and I have plans to get out to the dunes...keep on the look out for the junky RV towing the 392 lol. I have my eyes on some mods for the future, better brakes could be first lol. I will look into the 60s especially if they bolt up 1,2,3 lol. The paddle shifters make me nuts lol wish I could take them out. I'll get out old school and lock the hubs if need be.

Well, now that the Bronco is nipping at Jeeps heals hopefully we will see more drive train packages down the road.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-22-2021, 09:29 PM
wnorton

2020 LJ Wrangler 

I found it very valuable. I would be very interested in follow ups. I ordered a JLUR Extreme Recon about a week ago. Iím very interested to see how long before delivery.

Thanks for sharing.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-02-2021, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
USMC_1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnorton View Post
I found it very valuable. I would be very interested in follow ups. I ordered a JLUR Extreme Recon about a week ago. Iím very interested to see how long before delivery.

Thanks for sharing.
Hey Wnorton,

Congrats on the new order! I will keep you updated. Please do the same for your order as well.
wnorton likes this.

Past: 1980 CJ7 Black Present: 2014 JK Altitude Black Stock, Just Ordered: 2022 392 Recon
post #6 of 6 Old 11-02-2021, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
USMC_1775

UPDATE!

Checked in with my dealer yesterday my VIN has been assigned! He also said "It's in D Status which means scheduled for assembly line."

My research revealed specifically, that D Status means "firm schedule: serial number assigned." He also mentioned no ETA yet. Hahaha, not that I expected a date yet.

Some additional research and I found a Build Tracker that is said to continuously query the FCA database for a build sheet and window sticker updates.

So I entered the VIN, my email, and like an excited dope failed to enter the incorrect order date hitting enter to fast.

Lol, it lists today date as the order. I haven't found a way to edit it yet but we will see.

"Soooo close BUT yet Sooooo Far lol"
wnorton likes this.

Last edited by USMC_1775; 11-02-2021 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in