16 Year Old Looking for Jeep- Gladiator or Rubicon Hard Rock? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-26-2020, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Keith Planitzer

16 Year Old Looking for Jeep- Gladiator or Rubicon Hard Rock?

Hello everyone, I am extremely fortunate to have the choice between a 2020 Jeep gladiator or a 2015 to 2017 Rubicon hard rock. I am 16 years old and looking for a vehicle that would be great for passengers to have fun with the doors off, but also able to transport coolers and other large items. I have done some research for several months now and finally came across the JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, or the New Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. With the price not being a factor in my decision, could anyone help me with this choice?

Thank you,

Keith Planitzer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-26-2020, 07:45 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

The Gladiator is going to have more cargo capacity than a JKU. If you need to transport large items on a fairly regular basis, you need the pickup capacity.

I like the HR Rubicon, a friend has one but you can do a lot with a Gladiator off road and you still have the cargo capacity.

From what you describe, you should get the Gladiator.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 6 Old 03-26-2020, 08:01 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

At 16 years old, any brand new vehicle is highly irresponsible and overly indulgent. I don't care how much you can afford it, it's just a bad idea on so many levels.
Get a used F150 for a few years till you learn how to drive before you waste 60k on a brand new truck you'll total in a month.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion

post #4 of 6 Old 03-26-2020, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Keith Planitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
The Gladiator is going to have more cargo capacity than a JKU. If you need to transport large items on a fairly regular basis, you need the pickup capacity.

I like the HR Rubicon, a friend has one but you can do a lot with a Gladiator off road and you still have the cargo capacity.

From what you describe, you should get the Gladiator.
Cranbiz thank you for the response, I think so too for the Gladiator. I appreciate the fact that you had something to say for both vehicles, which makes it easier on my part. I will be using it as a daily driver along with just being a fun way to get around with my friends and family. With the Gladiator having a truck bed, it would be great to transport gasoline as I own boats, jetskis, atv's, etc, which will need several refills a week in the summer. Also it would be great to pick up wood pallets for fires along with a big cooler to bring to the beach with my friends. Since I will be paying it off for a decent amount of time too I was just wondering which vehicle would be better long-term, and overall a more safe/better driving jeep.

Thank you,

Keith Planitzer.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-26-2020, 03:31 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Just my gut. calling this post BS.....16 year old? Formal. owns Boats, skies etc......

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-26-2020, 05:05 PM
nick613

The Gladiator is probably what you want between those options but Im going to agree with stay away from new vehicles for a while... Get a used pickup, save some money and learn how to work on it.

Just my advice

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Tags
first jeep , gladiator , jeep , new buyer , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in