NH: 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee with only 81k miles! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 Old 07-30-2020, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Rubishawn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

More pics

Internet too slow, so doing this on my phone's mobile hot spot, thus taking a while, but I am uploading more after this post, as there is only 10 pics allowed per posting.

Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0005.jpg   CIMG0006.jpg   CIMG0007.jpg   Both pans, down-mid pipe, crossmember.jpg   brake & gas lines, inner frame area.jpg  

catalytic converter.jpg   Driver floor & frame.jpg   Driver floor.jpg   Driver frame.jpg   Driver front coil & shock mount.jpg  

None...yet :p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 07-30-2020, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Rubishawn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Even more pics

More undercarriage pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Driver front lower control arm & frame.jpg   Driver rear floor & frame, lines.jpg   Driver rear floor & frame.jpg   Driver rear floor.jpg   Driver rear lower control arm bracket.jpg  

Driver rear shock & spring.jpg   Driver rear shock mount.jpg   Front end.jpg   Front lower control arm bracket.jpg   Front passenger  brake line & frame.jpg  

post #18 of 24 Old 07-30-2020, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Rubishawn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

and more...
Attached Thumbnails
Front passenger coil area.jpg   Front passenger frame & swaybar.jpg   Front passenger upper & lower control arms.jpg   Front passenger upper control arm  & frame area.jpg   Fuel filler hose area & rear upper shock mount.jpg  

Gas tank & rear differential.jpg   Muffler.jpg   Oil pan.jpg   Passenger cargo area floor.jpg   Passenger frame rail & floor.jpg  

post #19 of 24 Old 07-30-2020, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Rubishawn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes more

And the last of them...
Attached Thumbnails
Passenger rear shock & spring.jpg   Radiator support.jpg   Rear driveshaft.jpg   Rear passenger floor & support.jpg   Rear passenger frame & swaybar.jpg  

Rear passenger lower control arm mount.jpg   Rear pinion.jpg   Steering box area of the outer frame.jpg   transfer case.jpg   Transmission pan.jpg  

post #20 of 24 Old 07-31-2020, 09:34 AM
OnAll4sZJ
1997 ZJ 

I appreciate the pictures bud. Unfortunately, the rust has progressed too far for what i intended to do with this project.
post #21 of 24 Old 07-31-2020, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Rubishawn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAll4sZJ View Post
I appreciate the pictures bud. Unfortunately, the rust has progressed too far for what i intended to do with this project.
Sorry you personally feel that way. Definitely not too far gone! Not gone at all. Daily driven and just passed state safety inspection, as needed every year here in NH. Not sure what picture(s) turned you off, but the surface rust on her is nothing for a 33 year old vehicle living within the salt belt in NH all it's life. What saved this from being rotted out by now, as the average >10 year old vehicles up here usually are(especially without care), is the low miles and being garage kept most of it's life. Floors are solid and there is nothing structurally wrong with her. Anything that shows any cosmetic rust can be replaced, like exhaust, trailer hitch, cross-member, propeller shafts, control arms, and rockers. The important things that cannot be unbolted, like the "frame" and floors(that are a part of the frame/unit body) are all good. Nothing soft. The outer body panels are also in good shape.

But I understand that people from non-rust belt areas are not use to seeing any rust.

Anyways, I wish you good luck with your search and hope you are lucky enough to find something with low miles on it.

And thanks again for taking interest in her

post #22 of 24 Old 08-01-2020, 08:56 AM
WindyCity

I have seen cars and trucks with ten times the rust in only a couple of years. That thing looks pretty damn good considering the age and mileage.
post #23 of 24 Old 08-01-2020, 12:23 PM
OnAll4sZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
I have seen cars and trucks with ten times the rust in only a couple of years. That thing looks pretty damn good considering the age and mileage.
Absolutely, for a 23 year old vehicle from the North, it is in great shape!

I will put this out here for the OP and any other prospective buyers who may read this. MY plans for this was a cross country wheeler. For MY needs, i would have to put 3-4k of work into having every inch of the unibody undercarriage to be sanded and repainted to stop the future rust, changing all hardware, and lines. This is by NO means something a normal person would need to do. They could run this vehicle for another 10 years without problems.

Im going to be sending the pictures to my resto guy to see what he would charge, but it may just be beneficial for me to look at a higher mileage southern vehicle. but that is MY situation, and does detract from the great vehicle that this seller is offering.
post #24 of 24 Old 08-03-2020, 08:05 PM
PlainoldCheroke
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Keep us posted on this nice ZJ...; if under 100k miles it has a lot left in it..... How far r u from Brattleboro, VT ? I will be there next month...if not sold would like to see

1995 Cherokee 4.0 with no power options.;
2011 GC Overland Hemi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in