Lifted 2000 TJ with Magnum V8 - lots of Savvy/Currie parts - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-17-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
adamkn

2000 TJ Wrangler 

2000 TJ with Magnum V8 - lots of Savvy/Currie parts

For sale is a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 139,222 miles (as of 11-17-19). 4” suspension lift with mostly Currie components, and 1.5" body lift. What makes this Jeep somewhat unique is the 5.2 liter / 318ci Magnum V8 out of a 2000 Dodge Ram truck; using another Mopar V8 & ECU allows for compatibility with the Jeep’s factory gauges. The Jeep is built for off-roading and running 35” tires, however I’m currently running 33” tires since most of my driving has been on-road lately.

I have purchased and installed a substantial amount of aftermarket parts and upgrades over the last several years – the list below covers the highlights that I can think of:

Drivetrain:
• 5.2L (318 cu. in.) Dodge Magnum V8 (V8 from 2000 Dodge Ram w/ 90k miles). Engine was swapped into the Jeep when the Jeep had about 133,000 miles.
• Dana 44 Rear Axle with Rubicon Air Locker, disc brakes, and Superior Evolution Series rear axle shafts. (4.10 gear ratio)
• Engine tuning upgrade installed 2018 from Flyin’ Ryan Performance (https://www.frptuning.com/); includes SCT tuner (which allows re-installation of OEM stock engine tune). Nice power increase, especially to low-end torque.
• Trussed Dana 30 front axle with Iron Rock Off Road over-axle truss
• Transfer Case Cable Shifter kit from Savvy Off Road (2018)
• NV3550 5 speed manual; Installed B&M short throw shifter Sept 2019

Steering and brakes:
• Installed Redhead steering gear in May 2017
• CURRIE ENTERPRISES CURRECTYLNC HEAVY DUTY TIE ROD SYSTEM
• Black Magic brake pads
• Borgeson Lower Steering Shaft installed 2017 (stock shaft had developed some play)
Suspension, tires, wheels:
• 5.5" total lift; 1.5” body lift and 4” suspension lift. (Currie 4” springs rear, 3” Savvy Progressive Rate Springs in front; Note that the front axle truss raises coil spring mount 1”, so the front end still has 4” total lift)
• Currie Johnny Joint lower control arms (front and rear).
• Savvy/Currie Aluminum adjustable upper rear control arms
• Front Antirock Sway Bar Kit
• Metalcloak front adjustable track bar
• Bilstein Shocks
• Adjustable rear track bar with Currie Rear Track Bar Relocation bracket (welded to axle)
• Addco Rear Sway Bar – stiffer than stock, and improved handling considerably given the 5.5” total lift.
• Tires - Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 33X12.50R15 C/6PR BSW
• Wheels - MAMBA MR-1 SILVER 15X8 5X4.5 4.5 BS

Interior:
• ODYSSEY BATTERY 34-PC1500T Battery 850CCA/1050CA SAE Standard Terminal
• Camel and Green Interior; Tan colored seat covers installed for all seats, so the green isn’t visible in the photos I’ve shared.
• Pioneer MVH-X560BT Digital Media Receiver with Bluetooth and USB connectivity (No CD player as I prefer to plug in a USB thumb drive (wired to the glove box) with MP3 songs).
• Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer – installed under rear bench seat; it is mounted to the inside of the seat frame (not visible).
• All speakers (2 in front and 2 in the sound bar) have been upgraded (5.25” Rockford Fosgate and Pioneer TS-A1675R 6-1/2" 3-Way TS Series Coaxial Car Speakers)
• CB Radio system – all wiring is installed and hidden behind dash. Uniden PRO510XL Pro Series 40-Channel CB Radio (I installed it for use when off-roading – not shown in pictures; it’s setup to be easily disconnected and removed from the Jeep). Tuned Firestick antenna is also included, although not shown in pictures. Exterior speaker for CB radio is permanently installed below dash (directly in front of transfer case shifter & visible in some of the photos)
• Mountain Off-road dead pedal

Exterior:
• Gold Exterior and Black Soft Top
• Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers
• Poison Spyder Hood Louver
• Extensive custom body armor, mostly on the back-half of the Jeep.
• Steel Bumpers Front and Rear (I believe they are Smittybilt brand)
• Herculiner (black) used for interior and portions of exterior.
• LED headlights – WHDZ brand purchased from Amazon.com (similar to the Truck-Lite brand)
• 2 separate third brake lights installed – an LED installed in the center of the wheel hub, and also a LenTex Circular Brake light.
• Skid Row Engine / Transmission Skid
• Rear Differential Skid plate
• Steering box skid plate

Misc Replacement parts:
• Radiator (OEM Mopar) replaced 2018; the old one was not OEM and it started to leak. Note: the OEM radiator works great with the V8. I have not had ANY issues with the engine getting too hot. I keep the electric cooling fan on low speed; I’ve never had to use high speed.
• New clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing (2015).
• Hubs replaced 2015
• Clock Spring replaced 2017 (Airbag light came on and horn stopped working; everything works fine now)

Price: $9,900

Here's a link to a video on my Dropbox account - taken on my cell phone during a short drive. The video quality isn't the best - but it may be of interest to anyone that wants to see what the V8 sounds like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yu7aoravv..._2096.MOV?dl=0

Additional pictures are available - see the following read-only link to my Dropbox account:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjki4h5hi...7Z8mgJlJa?dl=0

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2073.jpg   IMG_2078.jpg   IMG_2072.jpg   IMG_2071.jpg   IMG_2097.jpg  

IMG_2089.jpg   IMG_2069.jpg   IMG_2070.jpg   IMG_2077.jpg   IMG_2076.jpg  

2000 TJ

Last edited by adamkn; 12-05-2019 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Lowered price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-05-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
adamkn

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Price drop. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

2000 TJ
post #3 of 4 Old 12-09-2019, 12:11 AM
corkgiants

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have a pretty much stock version of your Jeep, same color from 1999. I wish I'd brought your Jeep instead of the one I have.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-05-2020, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
adamkn

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkgiants View Post
I have a pretty much stock version of your Jeep, same color from 1999. I wish I'd brought your Jeep instead of the one I have.
Thanks for the comment!

2000 TJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in