J10 Honcho, 81 Rebuild, DFW area - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-26-2021, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
rufus1dfw

J10 Honcho, 81 Rebuild, DFW area

This truck was purchased new in Fort Worth and has never left the area. I am the second owner since 1995. NO RUST. As shown in the photos it has been in various configurations over the years. Two years ago I removed all sheet metal for media blasting (top and bottom. Subsequently repainted with epoxy primer and Eastwood hotrod chassis black finish coat. Spray-on bed liner. Just finished reassembly. Mild restomod. Chassis and suspension are unchanged. I've used it as an occasional tow vehicle and for local errands. Never off road during my 25 year ownership.

Approximately 20,000 miles on engine rebuild. AMC 360 with mild cam/springs lifters, Edelbrock carb and manifold, brand new HEI. New AC compressor, valves and barrier hoses (cold air, no freon leaks). New power steering pump, lower steering shaft and rag joint. New belts. Transmission is a T18/ with NP 208 from a late 80's J20. El Dorado rear disk brakes. Side exhaust is like new. New speedo cable. Bumper and gooseneck hitches.

Front and rear roll pans. New windshield and seal, all new felt and seals on doors. New BJs upholstered headliner. Custom dash (left half 80's, right half early 70's). Early hood and razor grill complete the "look". Electric windows with new cogged tracks Sound deadening in doors. Professional door window tint, Wagoneer interior door panels, reupholstered seats, F150 mirrors. All chrome removed or blacked out. Parts that were removed during the body "cleanup" go with the truck. (no rear bumper).

Cruises comfortably at 70-75. Stacks of documentation including the original bill of sale from 1981. This is a well documented truck...not a project vehicle. I have hundreds of photos detailing the paint and rebuild for anyone who's interested. If you like Honcho decals slap 'em on. If you like off road lift it and buy some tires. The hard part is done. Asking $19K. Thanks, Eric 817 913 8107

dscn1949.jpg

dscn6894.jpg

dscn1928.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1299.jpg   DSCN1336.jpg   DSCN1931.jpg   DSCN1939.jpg   DSCN2152.jpg  

DSCN2153.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-01-2021, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
rufus1dfw

For the record, I saw an oil spot under the truck yesterday, looked like the front transmission seal. Removed the transfer case and the transmission today. So both will have new seals and probably a new throw out bearing by next week. I'd forgotten how massive that T18 is...

Cost for transmission shop labor and parts: $500 (doesn't include my labor to remove and replace the transfer case and transmission in the driveway). This truck is a bargain if you're in the market for a J10.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in