93 ZJ The Last Factory 5 Speed MANUAL (DC/Virginia) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-27-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
ZJ5spd
1993 ZJ 

93 ZJ The Last Factory 5 Speed MANUAL (DC/Virginia)

This is one of the last of only a few rare factory stick shift ZJs ever made. It’s been a really fun car to drive on or off road, particularly with the stick shift.

If you want a manual trans ZJ/Grand Cherokee, you’ll want this rather than try a difficult conversion.
$1800/OBO

• 4.0 engine runs great. It was rebuilt at about 100K.
• Borla stainless headers, high flow cat, muffler and exhaust, with a rich, throaty sound.
• Rusty’s low-restriction cold air intake tube & K&N filter.
• Skid plates: Front end, transfer case, gas tank.
• Brushguard. (not pictured are the headlight guards which come with it).
• Tow hooks.
• Heavy duty tow hitch.
• Yakima roof rack system.
• Power leather seats.
• ASC motorized sunroof, automatic closing.
• Powerful Maxtel driving lights (one has peeling reflector but works well).
• Edelbrock shocks give it great handling.
• 4WD works great.
• Fairly new clutch and rear trailing arm bushings ~20K miles ago.
• All new brake calipers.
• New radiator and hoses.
• Extra set of 4 steel wheels.

She’s a great car, but has some problems. The engine runs fantastic and the clutch has about 20K miles on it. Always passed emissions testing with flying colors.
  • There is a bad bearing in the rear end—it makes noises, but drives fine and might for a long time.
  • A rear brake wants to lock up, I haven't pulled the wheel yet to see why.
  • Crummy tires.
  • I damaged the speedometer wiring harness in heavy snow several years ago. It reads 258K, but it’s got about 290K. I have a replacement speed sensor.
  • The A/C and ABS don’t work. She’s not been driven much in the last couple years so you’ll want to give her a complete physical.

The usual ZJ options: Power leather seats, windows, key-fob lock with 2 remotes, factory alarm. Front seats have sheepskin covers over good leather.
No dents, only rust is two small patches above rear tirewells. There’s peeled paint on the hood--photo was taken before I scraped off more loose paint to prep for painting, which I didn't get to. Window tinting is starting to peel on the rear windows.

Included are various spare parts, 4 extra steel wheels, and the factory shop manual.

If you want any ZJ, others will do much better, but if you want perhaps the last factory 5-speed manual ZJ to drive or build and off-road, this is the car you’ve been waiting for. Could be a donor car too. She’ll need some work, but it’s a fun car and I’m sure you’ll like it too.

Located in Virginia near Washington, DC.

Attached Thumbnails
_DSC3138-1.jpg   _DSC3142-1-2.jpg   _DSC3184-1.jpg   _DSC3176-1.jpg   _DSC5484-2.jpg  

jeep in snow.jpg   thumbnail_20191118_153047.jpg   thumbnail_20191118_153158.jpg   ZJ Dash.jpg   _DSC3156--1.jpg  

Last edited by ZJ5spd; 12-09-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2019, 05:12 PM
2020Gladiator
2020 J-Series Truck 

WOW, dude, I remember you from the old JU forum. Didn't you sell her once, then get her back? I was there (and here) as Labswine. Can't get into the old name account for some reason but still, I hope she goes to a good home
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
ZJ5spd
1993 ZJ 

Thanks! I was on JU, but didn't sell her--I've had it since 2002, either the second or third owner. She's always been fun to drive and will be for the next owner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in