2008 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD Diesel - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-23-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
oilverland
2020 WK 

2008 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD Diesel SOLD

• Jeep Grand Cherokee with factory option Mercedes CRD 3.0L Turbo-diesel
• Factory built with 210HP, 375lb-ft torque Mercedes 3.0L V6 turbo diesel (Mercedes engine designation OM642)
• This engine is not affected by any VW-like "diesel gate" emission problems
• Everything runs great except I have been unable to get a reliable tailgate latch. It latches fine but says it's open, so I disconnected a wire.
• Overland model is top of the line, includes all power options, navigation, Boston Acoustics satellite radio, bluetooth phone connection, heated seats, HID low beams. And more, see VIN below.
• I've consider the condition as "good" because of some small dents and broken front valence (I have the replacement part, needs paint)
• Mechanically it is very sound, uses no engine oil. It got rear ended once, required only a bumper cover and trailer hitch to fix, no frame damage.
- New steering box, newer transfer case
- Has some road noise which I think is from tires, but I'm going to have the mechanic who replaced the transfer case check it
- Completely stock except Stillen brakes and Bilstein shocks. None of the engine and exhaust mods that you may see discussed in the WK part of this forum.
• All maintenance done on schedule or sooner, I have full records. Except due for: Fuel filter, serpentine belt, brake fluid, read diff oil. I will be doing the first two when I get the belt from Internet supplier.
• Extra set of factory wheels, 17", with mounted Michelin snows and TPMS valve stems. If you want these they are $250 extra. (Will not sell separately until the car is sold.)
• Clean title, not salvage, no loans or liens on it.
• Price is negotiable. Payment requires cash or transaction at a bank.
•Fuel mileage: About 19 city, 20 -22 in the rural area where I live, 24 on the highway is what I get.
• EPA says 19 combined city/highway MPG 17 city 22 highway

VIN so you can look up all options: Type VIN 1J8HR68M08C107636 into Google

If you are in Seattle, Mt. Vernon or Bellingham area, or in eastern WA we can talk about meeting half way.

Attached Thumbnails
20180608-DSCF0725.jpg  

2020 Trailhawk V8 lighting group and techno group

Last edited by oilverland; 06-23-2018 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Unexpected interruption from forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-23-2018, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
oilverland
2020 WK 

Pictures . The last shows some spare parts, but no I won't include my riding helmet, boots, and seat saver. I will include a new OEM lower valence, unpainted.
Attached Thumbnails
20180608-DSCF0722.jpg   20180608-DSCF0723.jpg   20180608-DSCF0726.jpg   20180608-DSCF0727.jpg   20180608-DSCF0728.jpg  

20180608-DSCF0729.jpg   20180608-DSCF0730.jpg   20180608-DSCF0731.jpg   20180608-DSCF0732.jpg   20180608-DSCF0735.jpg  

post #3 of 6 Old 06-23-2018, 01:12 PM
fishinbama
2007 WK 

I'd consider it if you were closer, I'm looking for a 2nd vehicle. The only thing that is worrisome is the bit about road noise after transfer case replacement.

2007 limited crd 2wd, 3.07 ratio, GDE eco tune, dpf delete, tnadanzig resonator delete

post #4 of 6 Old 06-23-2018, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
oilverland
2020 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbama View Post
I'd consider it if you were closer, I'm looking for a 2nd vehicle. The only thing that is worrisome is the bit about road noise after transfer case replacement.
Yah I'm going to have that checked out. It had been even noisier, and more pronounced at different speeds than it is now. Replacing the transfer case did remove some noise, and it did remove pretty much all the drive train slack. Going from winter tires and wheels to summer tires and wheels also quieted it down some. The tires in the pictures are serviceable but getting thin and about 6 years old. So I'm thinking it's tire noise, but hope to find a way to verify that without buying new tires. I might not be able to avoid that.

BTW I'm selling it because it was my winter car, but I replaced the summer car with a BMW X3, and no longer need another high clearance car.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-23-2018, 10:44 PM
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Very tempting, I want a 4x4

"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
post #6 of 6 Old 06-24-2018, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
oilverland
2020 WK 

To Tango - I need to send you a PM but your limit of PMs has been exceeded. Probably you need to delete some. Our txt me to that phone # I gave you so I can send you the info you wanted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in