2005 Rubicon Sahara #364 project for sale - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-23-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
bbusch

2003 TJ Wrangler 

2005 Rubicon Sahara #364 project for sale

Hello JeepForum.. the time has come to let the Rubicon Sahara go that we purchased in 2015. It is a nice rig however the computer has gone out so the vehicle will no longer start. Common problem on the 05 and 06 models and I believe Sentry Key related given the light on the dash. Also note up front that the vehicle has a rebuilt title which one can get a loan on unlike a salvage title so full disclosure. Reason for selling is I am about to make a major purchase and will not be in any position for quite some time to continue with this project.

On to the rig and Hemi engine project!

The rig is a hard top Rubicon Sahara #364 w/auto transmission and I have made some tasteful modifications over the years, 121K on it I believe (stock motor runs and sounds great). Rig is on 315 GY Duratracs and I do have some additional Nth Degree Suspension parts that can go with the rig like front coils and a rear Nth Degree Stinger if buyer would like the parts. This is a project Jeep and it comes with a number of parts and a Hemi motor mated to a 545RFE automatic transmission and 4.1 Rocktrac original Rubicon t-case. The motor has 33,700 miles on it out of a 2008 Jeep GC and these motors are becoming difficult to find which is important to note for this vehicle because it will become more and more difficult to find a motor to put in a 05 Jeep and will still be made to work with the stock computer and factory gauges. This Hemi is a good donor for this vehicle. Also see some additional modifications listed below:

-Line X interior, looks fantastic
-Upgraded stereo
-Catch All carpet floor mats
-Poison Spider rockers
-Rear aftermarket bumper reinforced at frame
-4" Suspension lift on 315s
-Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, I was prepping for the 4.5" LA lift

I am asking $16,900 for everything or $12,000 for the Jeep itself. The Rubicon Sahara is getting difficult to find and this one comes with a compatible 5.7L Hemi so I am hopeful to find a good home that will want to continue my build. If I can find a quick buyer at asking I will include the set of light Khaki metallic JeePods I built back in 2011 otherwise I am keeping them given sentimental value. They are one of a kind and look fantastic on the roll cage.. nothing like them on the market and difficult to put a value on given the time and investment it took to make them. Few photos of the Jeep included below.

Thanks for looking!

03 Black Rubicon

My Rig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-29-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
bbusch

2003 TJ Wrangler 

t-case sold.

Engine and tranny price $3,750 obo

Jeep $11,950 obo

03 Black Rubicon

My Rig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-12-2019, 10:20 AM
smbundy13

1980 CJ7 

sent you a PM..

1980 CJ-7 Alpaca Brown 4.2L, SR4
2.5" lift, Method Con6's, Weber 38, DUI HEI, Painless Harness

post #4 of 9 Old 11-22-2019, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
bbusch

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Replied to PM's. Sorry for late responses.

03 Black Rubicon

My Rig

post #5 of 9 Old 11-28-2019, 10:21 AM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The trailer is included with the purchase, right?

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #6 of 9 Old 11-28-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
bbusch

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
The trailer is included with the purchase, right?

Well now that won't be necessary because she will be a-runnin next week.

03 Black Rubicon

My Rig

post #7 of 9 Old Today, 12:13 AM
corkgiants

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is she running ?
post #8 of 9 Old Today, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
bbusch

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkgiants View Post
Is she running ?

Computer came in a week or two ago but the shop is telling me they have been swamped and have not had a chance to mess with it. I am going to give them a call tomorrow to follow up and put some pressure to prioritize.

03 Black Rubicon

My Rig

post #9 of 9 Old Today, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
bbusch

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Also should note someone contacted me about the rear Nth Degree Mobility Stinger so that part is pending sale.

Sure is a sweet platform to start a build. Someone should just scoop everything up this week otherwise price is going up by the amount of the shop costs. I am already out a grand on the computer so price for Jeep as of this evening is $12,950 and whatever it cost in labor will be tacked on (basically my bottom dollar price I can let it go for). Engine and tranny I will let go for $3,600 before Christmas then it's back to $3,750 until the setup sells. $16,500 for everything otherwise price will go up some first of the year.

03 Black Rubicon

My Rig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in