2004 Jeep WJ Overland for parts - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-09-2020, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

2004 Jeep WJ Overland for parts

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, selling whole for parts. It runs and drives, but has rust issues and will need towed, and will not pass an inspection without major rust repair. The final straw was the driver's rear lower control arm mount (frame side) rusting off the frame rails.

With that out of the way, there are a lot of good parts on this vehicle. Runs great, shifts great. 187k miles. Has the 4.7L high output V8. Engine will need gone through in terms of seals and gaskets as would any with almost 200k, but does run strong. 545RFE transmission shifts great as well, no problems there save for maybe could use a fluid change. NV247 unit works very well, as do the limited slip differentials in both front and rear axles. Interior looks great, no rips in the leather seats or door panels save for where my left elbow sits while driving. Everything works as far as the heated seats, sunroof, windows, HVAC (dual zone climate control), auto wipers, auto headlights, etc, with the sole exception of the driver's side mirror. It was replaced after it got smashed (not by me), and I got one for a 99-01 and the electrical wire isn't long enough to plug in to the harness.

Over the course of ownership since 79k miles, I have kept a maintenance log of all parts that have been replaced, repaired, etc. Fluids always changed with Mobil 1 engine oil or factory spec fluids, where applicable. Lots of 2004 WJ-specific and Overland specific parts on this vehicle (grill, front bumper, lower door panels, interior, HO V8, Quadradrive, TPMS, etc.). I would love to part it out but do not have the space. Vehicle is being sold as a whole and I am not interested in parting out at this time.

Asking $1,000, Jeep is located in Lancaster, PA. Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails
20200204_080059.jpg   20200204_080109.jpg   20200204_080120_HDR.jpg   20200204_080132.jpg  

2004 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland - My DD
1988 Jeep MJ Comanche 4.0L - Dad's
1999 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L - Mom's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in