1998 zj - $300 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 07-29-2020, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
dennisM83
1998 ZJ 

1998 zj - $300

Yup, $300 for my ZJ that is no longer my DD. If no interest here, I'll put on other places, but not at this price!

She ain't pretty, has 260K miles, and various things don't work, but she got me to and from work and never stuck in the snow! Have too many things going on, I don't need it anymore, and hate to see it sitting. I have a battery maintainer on it and give it a little start and drive occasionally.

Here's what I have done:

- High flow Hesco pump and housing
- Alternator
- AGM battery (Advance Auto's Autocraft)
- Durango steering box
- driver's side door pins
- 242 Tcase with matching bezel, handle, and gate (did correct wiring so displays correctly on VIC)
- New CV joint for front driveshaft
- Rearend with approx 100k miles
- Kolak exhaust (cat, muffler, sensors)
- Kolak steering
- frame repair to fix rust at crossmember location
- Pioneer deck with bluetooth/hands free calling
- Tires

As one would imagine, there are various things that are not working. Here are the worst:

- Transmission can be finnicky. Before driving, I will put in neutral for 5 seconds or so. One time, I left a gas station in a hurry and up a steep hill. It seemed it was slipping, so I parked it. Let sit for 3 hours and all was fine. I do have a 1998 42RE to go with it if desired, that I got for another project that I don't need.
- Electronics on the driver's side would seem intermittent, now don't work at all. This would be the window and seat controls.
- Rear hatch cannot be opened from the outside. I think there needs to be an adjustment made but never got into it.
- Rear center brake light broke. I got a replacement, but never installed it. VIC throws message about brake light failure.
- Steering does feel like it "wanders" - tried to tighten the steering box, but I either did not tighten enough, or there is another issue.
- Hood release inside broke, so I haven't fully latched it.

That's all that comes to mind. The 4.0 still runs like a champ and doesn't smoke. 4WD works great. 4LO sometimes kicks out, but I think the linkage just needs adjusted.

Any other pics or vids, let me know and I'll upload.

I am located near New Castle, PA, which is about an hour North of Pittsburgh. Youngstown is about 30 mins. As you can see, I have it plated in OH. I would probably not drive it more than an hour. If need be, I could possibly tow within reasonable distance, but I would dolly it and you would be responsible for the costs and we would negotiate a rate per mile. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5735.jpg   IMG_5732.jpg   IMG_5734.jpg   IMG_5733.jpg   IMG_5736.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in