Wheel Beadlocks or Tire Beadlocks - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 34 Old 09-14-2020, 08:11 PM
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, long day and damn tired here.......
Is this a joke thread? EVERYONE here in on it right??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 Old 09-14-2020, 08:48 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejockey View Post
Sorry, long day and damn tired here.......
Is this a joke thread? EVERYONE here in on it right??

Well, I for one thought I was helping out a noob, but now I think Mr. 6-post may be screwing with us....
wildman4x4nut and Mattific like this.

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
MyWranglerRules

No H8rs!

So the mechanic charged $12 a tire to remove the stringers. They even removed the stringers from the logo and the flame treads. Also the mechanic said no torquing is necessary on the beadbolts, just have them “rotated” occasionally. I will look into that. The tires performed and looked much better on the drive home.

Overall my review is that these are great tires. They beadbolts are street legal according to Nitto (still waiting to hear from Rockstar on the wheels) and self torquing and they look great and hold together like glue. BUT be prepared to pay upwards of $12 a tire to remove the stringers

post #19 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
MyWranglerRules

Also I will provide a review on how they handle snow soon. We get lots of snow. The flame tread should burn right through !!! Lol lol lol lol.
post #20 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 11:22 AM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWranglerRules View Post
Also I will provide a review on how they handle snow soon. We get lots of snow. The flame tread should burn right through !!! Lol lol lol lol.
No H8trs here, Dude. Just some guys trying to help out.

And when you try to run these Dune's in snow, my advice is to go slow - and remember that you bought these meats for the badazz looks...

Build Thread:

post #21 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
MyWranglerRules

Don’t go too fast. Loll lol lol

The tires aren’t called Dune GRAPPLERS for nothing. Definition below dude.

GRAPPLER—-a tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding
post #22 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 02:31 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWranglerRules View Post
Don’t go too fast. Loll lol lol

The tires aren’t called Dune GRAPPLERS for nothing. Definition below dude.

GRAPPLER—-a tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding
OK - I gotta' admit that this is just too much fun...

A few more definitions for you:

Dune - "a mound or ridge of Sand."

Marketing - "a mechanism to get people to buy products not necessarily based on fact."

Review - "something one should read prior purchasing a tire..."

I'm just messin' with you, MyWranglerRules. Welcome to the forum. If you fill out your profile we can help you out as you start your build. Lot's of helpful folks here.
underscore likes this.

Build Thread:

post #23 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
MyWranglerRules

Yea. I expected some jealousy with these new shoes. These will "grapple" snow no problem.

I like the snowplow look I see on some jeeps here in Winter. Looking into attaching a snowplow to the front for that "Bring in On!" look. Just getting started on my truck. Soon my Rockstars are coming and calling me a noob just won't fly anymore
post #24 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 10:33 PM
Piros1

1957 DJ 

MyWranglerRules I like to have a little fun now and then but not at someone else’s expense and sorry if I ruffle some feathers but I’m 65 and I tell it like I see it. That’s what you do when you get old and grow up learning everything on your own. Someone is pulling your chain regarding torquing the bead lock bolts on both your tires and wheels. There is nothing to torque as they are both for looks and non functional. I have no experience with the tires and wheels you have chosen so I can’t tell you how good or bad they are in various conditions but you will know by the time winter is over.

As for a snow plow on your Jeep, don’t do it. All you will be doing is beating your Jeep up for no reason, second if you plan to plow wait until you get a year or two of snows behind the wheel of your new to you Jeep. Your Jeep will drive horribly with a plow on the front with no modifications. Save your money for something cool and functional like a quality winch or a reasonable quality lift.

Good luck with your Jeep build, do your research before you start throwing your money around. You need to be like a sponge absorbing as much knowledge as possible. Learn to read between the lines when you ask questions, there are a lot of good folks out there willing to share their experience and knowledge and there are a few that will lead you on. I’m not that guy and hate to see folks struggle for no reason.
post #25 of 34 Old 09-15-2020, 11:22 PM
Conrad_in_PA
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I know a young woman (soon-to-be-ex-wife of a nephew) who "tricked out" her CJ/Wrangler/whatever-it-was... and discovered it wasn't very good for distance-travel (cross-country gas-mileage sucked: 8mpg.) Be careful what you do.
post #26 of 34 Old 09-16-2020, 06:56 AM
ed4banger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hutchinson Beadlocks are certified and DOT approved, I've been running a set on the street for better than 12 yrs. now in Va. https://www.hutchinsoninc.com/rock-m...adlock-system/

'95 YJ, D44 Fr. w/5.13 RCVs &ARB, 8.8 Rr w/Detroit & 4130 shafts, Atlas II Tcase on 33x12.5x15 TSLs
post #27 of 34 Old 09-16-2020, 01:33 PM
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleTJ View Post
Well, I for one thought I was helping out a noob, but now I think Mr. 6-post may be screwing with us....
Fun thread to read, but I am on board with this thought. But on the off chance it is not just "funning", dude sign me up for clipping off rubber stringers for $12/tire! I can do that job all day long.

Ed4banger, man the only reason those bead locks are DOT rated is because it is an actual 2 piece wheel, not because of the humvee style plastic inserts. They just don't make the distinction in the marketing material. All rims, 1 piece or 2 piece have to be DOT approved.

With a great Jeep comes an empty wallet.
post #28 of 34 Old 09-16-2020, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
MyWranglerRules

Ummmm there wont be any sag dude, remember I got the NITTO'S. They are HEAVY DUTY. Plus Im not raising or lowering the plow. You guys can keep slingin insults like noob at me all day long but when I got the plow installed with a huge Punisher smoking a cigar logo in the centre, I be the one having the last laugh Lol lol lol lol
post #29 of 34 Old 09-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Chewtoy
1976 CJ5 

Garage
Ok, on the off chance that this thread is not a gag and you really don't know better, then lets backup a bit. Welcome to the forum, this is a really fun place and a ton of info here.

Next, lets clear up a few GCEs (Gross Conceptual Errors as we used to call them in the military).

Bead locks are for mechanically locking your tire to the rim so that when you air down off road, the tire doesn't get peeled away from the rim and leave you stranded with a flat (at best) or the tire shredded (at worst). There are many fakes (look alike) out there including the tires and rims you mentioned. They have what looks like a bead lock install but they do nothing beyond provide decoration. The real ones come in 2 basic forms. External, where a plate is bolted on the outside of the tire and pinches the tire bead to the outside of the rim. This is what your rims and tires are simulating. Internal, like what Ed4Banger referred to, is a device inside the tire that pinches the bead of the tire to the rim from the inside.

The sagging Piros1 is referring to is not relevant to your tires. The extra weight from the plow will load your front spring suspension to the maximum. At any kind of speed, say 30 mph +, your jeep will be unsafe to drive and will wander all over the road. Most Jeeps with snow plows only travel from parking lot to parking lot clearing snow, they are not used for driving all over town with the plow on.

As I said, welcome to the forum, this is a really fun place and a ton of info here. There is lots a great advice and search is your friend.

Cheers.
CT.
NashvilleTJ and underscore like this.

With a great Jeep comes an empty wallet.
post #30 of 34 Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM
jeepster4245
1982 CJ5 

Whether or not the O.P. is pulling our leg I will give him credit for posting in the proper forum!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in