tire/wheel advice needed - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2021, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
GEC5741

tire/wheel advice needed

I'm finllay looking to put a 2.5 or 3" lift on my 2017 4door jk. Along with that I want to upgrade the tires/rims from stock to 35" tires. Now my preference on wheel size is 17" but the 17's I want are back ordered 6-8 weeks. I can get 18's now. they are a little more pricey and also I really prefer the smaller rim diameter but not sure how much diff i'd notice from 17 to 18"? With that said i'm looking for a good tire to roll with also. I want it to look aggressive with the tred wraping the sides and all that. but it is my daily driver so would like it to still be a good AT tire I guess. I'd like a nice beefy look to it. I'm not to concerned about the noise but I don't want to to be crazy loud while driving down the road. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2021, 02:31 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
what gears does this jeep have? stock is 3.21 and max Tow would be 3.73. 35s 4.1 is min and on a 4 door 4.56 would be best for STREET. People like to think its not for off road its just for LOOKs. Fact is gears do more for street. You have a low range for off road that gives you 2x lower ratios... street it will be sluggish and hard on the trans since it has to do the work of the lack of gears..

I know you dont want to hear that. Since gears will be more then the cheep lifts people tend to toss on. Vanity is expensive...

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-16-2021, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
GEC5741

Yeah I had that debate back when i bought the jeep and went for one that had 3.73 gears. I had heard that wouldn't be to bad with 35's. But I'm I'm debating on sucking it up and seeing what a regear would a cost me when I do the lift and tires. I'd probably be looking at another 1500 - 2k right on a regear?
this is 99.9% street driven and even if taken off road it wouldn't be anything serious. Or do you think at my current gear i could get away with running the 35's for a year and regear next year?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in