Tire question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 09-19-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
levscrew

Tire question

Someone ran a red light and slammed into my jeep. Minor body damage, but hit one tire, pushed it in and broke axel and and other stuff under there, about 7k in damages. Lady's insurance is paying for repairs but of course will only pay for the one tire and rim she damaged as far as tires go. I am fighting them about this because I can't have 3 used (but good) tires and 1 brand new tire. They said it was about 43% worn, so that means I have close to 60% still left on the other 3 tires. The adjuster insists this is fine and my jeep will still drive fine and perform fine when I take it off roading. My jeep was in great condition prior to there insured, who was driving illegally on a suspended license ran a red light and hit my daughter. I wasn't planning on buying new tires anytime soon! Any comments to help me fight this would be appreciated. Thx.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9055.jpg   IMG_9059.jpg  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-21-2019, 12:51 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
i would match the rear anyway for street. looks like the spar never touched the earth. use that and the new on the rear. if push come to shove.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-21-2019, 02:19 PM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am not sure how to help get more tires from insurance, but a solid axle 4x4 with a transfer case will be fine with one tire slightly larger. If you are greatly concerned about this, locate a good used tire with similar tread wear or as already suggested, pair up the new tire with the spare.

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”

- Benjamin Franklin

post #4 of 13 Old 09-22-2019, 07:04 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe the picture or my eyes are tricking me, but Is that tire still holding air with that damaged rim?

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #5 of 13 Old 09-23-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
levscrew

This picture was taken about a 1/2 hour after the accident. It held air for a while, but not long.

Last edited by levscrew; 09-23-2019 at 11:16 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
levscrew

I was trying to find info I could present to her insurance company about how driving with one new tire may effect the way the Jeep would drive on the road and dirt. I have no idea but it seems like it would not make for a good drive. Before using my spare I’ll test it out once the repairs are done and see.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
levscrew

Yeah, spare never used. But it looks pretty on my Jeep, I don’t want an ugly used one 🤷🏻*♀️😊 That’s what I’ll do if it drives crappy and they still won’t put at least two new ones on the back.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-24-2019, 08:19 PM
MikeyDeezy

1980 CJ7 

Garage
My jeep was in great condition prior to there insured, who was driving illegally on a suspended license ran a red light and hit my daughter. I wasn't planning on buying new tires anytime soon! Any comments to help me fight this would be appreciated. Thx.[/QUOTE]

Even though the Insurance Adjuster tells you something, they do not work for you, they are there to protect their own interests, ie-payout as little as possible. I would contact your own insurance company to ask these questions and guide you through this process. After all, you pay them...So establish a relationship with them and be persistent. You may want to contact a lawyer, as this takes more time for repairs than you expect, running around, paperwork, phone calls, aggravation from Adjusters, and your vehicle is NEVER EVER the same. Don’t take the Lazy way out. You are in the Quicksand already...Make Em Pay for your Future Lost Time. Suspended License, and Ran a Red Light, you say? By the way, what were they driving when causing the accident?
I am glad nobody was hurt though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeyDeezy Sez...Take ‘er E-Z and Keep it Breezy!
post #9 of 13 Old 09-25-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
levscrew

Hi MikeyDeezy - thanks for the reply. That's exactly what the insurance company is doing, trying to payout as little as possible. I appreciate the suggestion and I will reach out to my insurance company. My company (Geico) told me that if I wasn't getting anywhere with this idiots company (Allstate) that they would step in. I do have an attorney for my daughter and her injuries, but have been trying to handle the car repairs on my own. I now just received a call from the collision place letting me know that she tried getting the adjuster to agree to replace the suspension on both sides because those won't match either since whatever my husband had done when he had it lifted for me is no longer available. My cute little yellow jeep is being pieced back together and it is pissing me off. The car the lady driving on a suspended license (who by the way is an attorney) was a Mercedes CLS 550. Found out when I got the police report she had tags for 2020 but car hadn't been registered since 2018...... She's already gotten a new Mercedes (did a drive by and saw a brand new one in her driveway) while my little car is being pieced together in time for me do enjoy for desert season I'll try to add a photo of her totaled car.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes.1.jpg   Mercedes.2.jpg   Mercedes.jpg  
post #10 of 13 Old 10-01-2019, 10:21 AM
WXman
2020 J-Series Truck 

Wheel, tire, frame damage, trim damage....on a 20 year old Jeep. How the h*** did that not get declared totaled?

Current Jeep: '20 JT Gladiator Max Tow w/ mods

Prior Jeeps/trucks/cars: Too many to list
post #11 of 13 Old 10-02-2019, 07:19 AM
MikeyDeezy

1980 CJ7 

Garage
[ My cute little yellow jeep is being pieced back together and it is pissing me off. The car the lady driving on a suspended license (who by the way is an attorney) was a Mercedes CLS 550. Found out when I got the police report she had tags for 2020 but car hadn't been registered since 2018...... She's already gotten a new Mercedes (did a drive by and saw a brand new one in her driveway) while my little car is being pieced together in time for me do enjoy for desert season I'll try to add a photo of her totaled car.[/QUOTE]

What a Revelation! An Attorney, who practices Law, or practices to Bend the Law as she sees fit, huh? I am willing to wager that the Law Firm she works for, or possibly a Partner Affiliate, would really NOT like the public to know about this Careless, and Compounded Deceitful Incident. Do you have a Local News “Troubleshooter Team” or the like? Time to get the Proverbial Bullhorn! Don’t try to do it all yourself. Get others involved by sharing your story, people will get fired up wanting to seek revenge via proxy to a person like this. Sounds like she’s the type of person to put her child in a wheelchair all day to skip the waiting lines for the rides at Disney World.
Seriously, I would find an Attorney that may be her Rival, and wants to make a Name and Take a Stand for What is Right. Opportunity is always lurking...Are you willing to look for it?
Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeyDeezy Sez...Take ‘er E-Z and Keep it Breezy!
post #12 of 13 Old 10-03-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
levscrew

WXman - they said no frame damage, that was what would determine if it would be totaled or not. We bought my jeep 5 years ago, it only had 84k miles on it, never off-roaded, was totally stock and super clean. We put the lift; tires; suspension, etc. and kept it in super great condition. It now still only has 105k miles on it. It's my fun beach and desert vehicle. They valued it high enough that until they hit 9k in damages they weren't going to total it. I'm happy, but also bummed because now it's been in an accident and will never be the same or have any "value". It's supposed to be ready in a few days, so I'll see if it looks up to par and exactly like it did pre-accident.
post #13 of 13 Old 10-03-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
levscrew

MikeDeezy - Believe me, I've done and am not done doing my research on her. There's plenty more to the story and our police department with whom I've filed a complaint against as well. I'm more then pissed. I have hired an attorney but just for my daughters personal injuries. This "attorney" has her license, she works for herself and I don't believe has clients. She has her own lawsuits, and plenty of them, including against the police department, which is why I think she didn't get a citation for: running a red light causing bodily injury; driving on a suspended license (which has also been expired since 2/19); no proof of insurance, which is a law in the State of California and at the very least a fix it ticket. The officer told me he knows she has insurance, she just has no proof and he isn't going to cite her . The list goes on and on. Oh, and then end of our traffic collision report says that after running her plates the system shows the car was last registered in 2018, yet her tags are 10/2020, hmmm. She was driven home by the tow truck driver with out a single citation. She's quite the upstanding citizen who the police have had many run-ins with and were not "allowed" to interview her until a Sergeant was present. So yes, once I have gotten to the bottom of why she wasn't cited and a number of other things, I will make sure things are brought to the attention of the Bar Association and whoever else I need to be made aware. She damaged my 17 year old daughter and could have cared less, as well as my little yellow jeep. Two of my favorite things. I'm getting screwed on my jeep, even trying to make me pay $73 for the prorated price of the new tire. haha. I'd rather have my old tire that was perfectly fine before this!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in