Rim identification - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By mukluk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 05-26-2020, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
tonyskidawg

Garage
Rim identification

I bought a set of second hand rims and tires, she said they was off 2007 Wrangler. I checked a few websites, said they would fit my 2003 Grand Cherokee, but they do not. I was able to mount the tires though. How can a person find out what Jeep year and model these factory alloy 16" rims go to. Because when I go to sell them, I would like to ensure they fit, who ever buying them. They have 5 bolt pattern, but these rims are about an inch or so less distance between the lugs. The rims have N5 230308 stamped on them.

Attached Thumbnails
WHEELS.jpg  

Skidawg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-26-2020, 01:28 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

They're off a 2006 or older Wrangler, which used 5x4.5 pattern. You need a 5x5, which is 2007 and newer on the wranglers.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 15 Old 05-26-2020, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
tonyskidawg

Garage
RIMS

Thanks for your response, I will put that in my ad.

Skidawg

post #4 of 15 Old 05-26-2020, 09:43 PM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Doesn't look like any wheel that came on a '97-'06 Wrangler that I'm aware of. Keep in mind the 5x4.5" (or 5x114.3 metric) bolt pattern wheels were also used on Ford, Mazda, Lexus, Toyota, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Honda, Dodge, Nissan, Acura, Chrysler, Infiniti and other vehicles.
dagr8tim and underscore like this.

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon
post #5 of 15 Old 05-26-2020, 11:50 PM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukluk View Post
Doesn't look like any wheel that came on a '97-'06 Wrangler that I'm aware of. Keep in mind the 5x4.5" (or 5x114.3 metric) bolt pattern wheels were also used on Ford, Mazda, Lexus, Toyota, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Honda, Dodge, Nissan, Acura, Chrysler, Infiniti and other vehicles.
I am with mukluk on this.
Those don't look like an factory '06 and down TJ, ZJ, or XJ Jeep rim I have ever seen before.
Which would be 5X4.5.
And if they were something off a '99 to '04 WJ would fit so........
post #6 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
tonyskidawg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukluk View Post
Mukluk, Thank you for your response, I didn't know that about the other makes, models.

They do have a Jeep center cap, (cant see in the photo). But they look removable, so maybe they could be changed out with other makes.

Skidawg
post #7 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 11:50 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I just thought about it.
I think those might be Liberty rims.
On the later model year ones.
post #8 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
tonyskidawg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
I just thought about it.
Ralph, I think that's what they are. I looked them up OEM Jeep factory rims, 2008-2012, with 5X4.5 lug pattern.
$167. a piece, new. (maybe I can get some money ($150, I spent) back, selling them). Got the BF Goodrich TAs, mounted that came with the rims, today they look good.
I attached the two images below.
Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
WHEELS.jpg  
Attached Images

Skidawg
post #9 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 01:48 PM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Those look really close. Some paint differences but Jeep did do stuff like that.
The thing that surprises me is that 5X4.5 bolt pattern in 2008.
I figured Jeep stop using that bolt pattern in '06.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 01:54 PM
dagr8tim
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Those look really close. Some paint differences but Jeep did do stuff like that.
The thing that surprises me is that 5X4.5 bolt pattern in 2008.
I figured Jeep stop using that bolt pattern in '06.
I think 07 liberties had them because they didn't change the body style until 08.

Jeeping - The art of getting dirty & going broke while slowly heading nowhere, and taking all day to do it.

97 XJ SE - The War Wagon
98 TJ - Mall Crawler/Light Trail Rig
06 KJ - Basic Transportation
post #11 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
tonyskidawg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
I think 07 liberties had them because they didn't change the body style until 08.
Dagr8tim,

Hello, thank you for calling in, when I go to sale them, I would like to have correct data, to help the buyer, here is the website I found them. It indicates 2008-2012. But I see you have a Liberty icon, on your post, maybe websites wrong. All I know is the bolt pattern doesn't fit my 2003 Grand Cherokee. The bolt holes are to close. 5X4.5, I understand. my WJ is 5x5

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/21418/...cg33trmaa.html

Skidawg
post #12 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 03:18 PM
dagr8tim
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyskidawg View Post
Dagr8tim,

Hello, thank you for calling in, when I go to sale them, I would like to have correct data, to help the buyer, here is the website I found them. It indicates 2008-2012. But I see you have a Liberty icon, on your post, maybe websites wrong. All I know is the bolt pattern doesn't fit my 2003 Grand Cherokee. The bolt holes are to close. 5X4.5, I understand. my WJ is 5x5

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/21418/...cg33trmaa.html
yes I do have a liberty icon. I own an 06. My response was to Ralph77 who said that 06 was the last year for 5x4.5 rims on Jeeps. The Liberty was completely redesigned in 08. I highly doubt Jeep spend the money to change the 07 liberties to use the newer lug patterns when they were going to have a completely redesigned liberty the next year.

As for your rims, that sucks that it seems you didn't do your own research before spending money. I did the same thing with a set of WJ or WJ2 rims afew years ago. Luckily, the rims were mint and the tires were literally brand new. I was able to recoup my losses and get a set of tires that would fit my XJ. I personally never trust when a seller says this will fit unless I know for a fact they will.

Jeeping - The art of getting dirty & going broke while slowly heading nowhere, and taking all day to do it.

97 XJ SE - The War Wagon
98 TJ - Mall Crawler/Light Trail Rig
06 KJ - Basic Transportation
post #13 of 15 Old 05-27-2020, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
tonyskidawg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
yes I do have a liberty icon. I own an 06. My response was to Ralph77 who said that 06 was the last year for 5x4.5 rims on Jeeps. The Liberty was completely redesigned in 08. I highly doubt Jeep spend the money to change the 07 liberties to use the newer lug patterns when they were going to have a completely redesigned liberty the next year.

As for your rims, that sucks that it seems you didn't do your own research before spending money. I did the same thing with a set of WJ or WJ2 rims afew years ago. Luckily, the rims were mint and the tires were literally brand new. I was able to recoup my losses and get a set of tires that would fit my XJ. I personally never trust when a seller says this will fit unless I know for a fact they will.
dagr8tim,
Yes, I did not do enough correct research, a quick google of do 2007 Wrangler rims fit 2003 WJ. The upside is the BF Goodrich TAs that came with the rims, I had mounted and balanced eliminated the death wobble. The old tires were shot. Plus today, I washed the raised white letters, and cleaned the rims 3 times (previous owner brake dust), it looks like almost a new Jeep. I paid $150, for the wheels and tires, it runs smooth looks good. When I sale the Liberty rims, it will be gravy. In the service we had a Go and NO GO gage, for the .50 caliber. Next time, I will use the rim as a Go or No go, if it fits before I buy.

Thank you for your input, Sir. Semper Fi!
Attached Thumbnails
TIRERIMS.jpg  

Skidawg
post #14 of 15 Old 06-02-2020, 02:35 PM
gspfunk

2019 WK 

Garage
Quote:
I just thought about it.
This. They’re off a 2nd gen (08-12) Liberty.

19 Sting-Gray WK2 Trailhawk | Hemi | MRR | Ridge Grapplers
08 Silver WK1 SRT8
post #15 of 15 Old 06-03-2020, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
tonyskidawg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspfunk View Post
This. They’re off a 2nd gen (08-12) Liberty.
GSPFUNK,
Thank you for that, I looked up stock 2008-12 Liberty rims, (as you mentioned) and that's them.
So now I posted that information in my ad to sale them.

Skidawg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in