Newie could use some guidance - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-19-2021, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
barbadoe

Newie could use some guidance

Hello,

I am a proud to say that I am a new owner of a JLU-Sport (waiting for it to arrive from the factory), this would be my first wrangler. Instead of just buying products blindly I wanted to check in with some more seasoned jeep owners, all of you.

This will be my daily driver and because I live in Philadelphia and have to travel some distance to get it muddy, for now, I will be doing some light off-roading (nothing extreme). My goal is to get some good 35's for daily driving and some low key side off-roading, the question is which make and model of tire would be a good fit.

I could use to guidance on choosing some good 35's that would be good for daily driving and some side off-roading, im planning on keeping the stock wheels for now.

Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-19-2021, 01:58 PM
BenRomney

Disclaimer: I am also relatively inexperienced.

BUT

I have heard some other guys talk about some things.
First, I have personally driven my wrangler on some surprisingly gnarly stuff with stock tires. If the terrain you are "low key side off-roading" is not threatening your ground clearance, I don't think you will need to upgrade your tire size just yet.
Second, if you are driving a long distance to and from work, then you will spend a lot of money on 35's that you are going to grind into the highway.
In summary, my advice as one newbie to another is: drive it for a while first before deciding to upgrade to 35's. Maybe even start with 33's.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-19-2021, 02:18 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Stock wont get that far. trails have ratings, not all are equal as well area to area state to state a lot. Here in Az its 1.0-5.0. once at 3.5 and up stock tends to be left behind as you need lockers, 35s and be willing to get dents, break stuff and flops become more common place. driver skill is every thing too .

new driver would find 3s here hard, but in reality its moderate. once they get to 4s it gets rather serious and 5s are buggy time..

like said maybe drive it as is get to know it. Its new I dont see it going on say Fordyce so just take it easy and run some stuff. Join a CLUB<<<<< so few do that anymore and its killing the way the trails are being ran by BLM and the Forestry. Clubs know the trails in your area. What it takes to do them...advice that pertains to the area.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in