Newbie trying to buy a wheel... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
lopezzi

1983 CJ7 

Newbie trying to buy a wheel...

So when I bought my Jeep CJ7 a while ago, it came with 33x12.5 R15 wheels on it. However, the spare on the back was the stock small tire and obviously would not work. I was able to buy a Mickey Thompson tire off a friend that is the same size, so now I need a rim. I have been looking at a rim on Quadratec (Black Rock Wheels 975585540 - Black Rock Series 975 Type Blade Steel Wheel in Matte Black for Jeep® Vehicles with 5x5.5 Bolt Pattern - Quadratec) but I don't know what size I need. From the research I have done, it seems like I can go with either an 15x8 or 15x10 but how do I know which one? I would think it has to match what is already on my Jeep, but I have no idea what that is. Is there a way to find out? Does it really have to match the others in case I need to use it?

1983 CJ7 258, Weber 34/34, Nuttered, Rushed, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" Bridgestone Duelers, 10k lbs Winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-22-2010, 07:48 PM
AFjeepMan

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well the best way to to measure across the wheel...it doesn't need to be exact, but you will be able to tell the difference between an 8" and 10" wheel with a tape measure and the help of a friend maybe.

2005 Wrangler TJ, 3 1/4" RC lift, Cragar Soft 8's 32" BFG Mud Terrains, Smittybilt SRC D-Ring bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[_l_,[____],
l----L - OlllllllO-

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-22-2010, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
lopezzi

1983 CJ7 

So how would I measure it? Do I go through the holes in the wheel from side to side? I did a preliminary measurement, but it looked like 12 inches so I'm not sure if I'm measuring correctly. If I did get a different size than what's on the Jeep currently, would it not work if I had to use it?

1983 CJ7 258, Weber 34/34, Nuttered, Rushed, 4" Rancho Lift, 33" Bridgestone Duelers, 10k lbs Winch.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 AM
AFjeepMan

2005 TJ Wrangler 

yes it would work, and I would put the tape measure through the holes in the wheel and measure flange to flange...that would be weird if it was a 12" wide wheel with a 12.50" tire...I doubt that this is the setup so maybe have your friend give you a hand and take a look...or go for it and order the 10" wide wheel because that is most likely what is currently being used.

2005 Wrangler TJ, 3 1/4" RC lift, Cragar Soft 8's 32" BFG Mud Terrains, Smittybilt SRC D-Ring bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[_l_,[____],
l----L - OlllllllO-

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.

Tags
15x10 , 15x8 , 33x12.5 , 33x12.5 r15 , wheel width

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in