Need help , how to get my jeep to look like this - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-13-2020, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Jukenut

Need help , how to get my jeep to look like this

Hello, first i want to say thank you for any and all help. I am new here.

I have purchased a 2014 jk 2dr 6spd blue, i think it is pretty much stock, to pull behind motor home. I realized that the tires that are on it are original and have checking and cracking going on. So taking this oppurtunity to get something more attractive than stock wheels and tires. I like to get something like a polished wheel, trying to stayaway from black too many of them out there. I Am not really planning on driving it in the winter, The main purpose of this jeep is to pull behind motorhome for vacations, but it can happen from time to time to go out n play in the snow. I live in southern new york state, will a polished wheel hold up ? Chrome ? A machined wheel ? I dont mind doing an occasional cleaning on them, just want something that will last and not consume days of my time. I may attempt to throw a leveling kit, like 1-2 inch, wife has had surgery and climb up to much.

I am going to attempt to post a picture of a green one i saw on internet i liked, just dont know how to get mine to look similiar. I like the wheels and tires, and stance of this jeep. Perhaps someone can tell me more about it and how they will hold up.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-13-2020, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Jukenut

Hopefully this works with the pics.....
Attached Thumbnails
D6544352-ABC7-47DE-88EF-69272BA561B6_1594697705154.jpg   BE0F3B89-E34A-49CD-8AEA-9DE23B110CFA_1594697733456.jpg  
post #3 of 4 Old 07-14-2020, 02:19 PM
DavidMGee

I think the first place to start in trying to recreate that is to find out what kind of tires and rims they are. I suspect that green jeep is also lifted. i think if you bought the same tires/rims and got a 2.5 inch lift yours would look the same.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-14-2020, 02:49 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Yea, that Jeep is obviously lifted.
So a 2.5" lift, some 35" tires and a set of shiny rims and there you go.
The tires are Goodyear Wranglers of some flavor. There are tons of aftermarket rims that look similar on the market.
Check discounttire.com or tirerack.com to shop what's available for the wheels/tires.
Head to the JK tech forum for info on lifts, there's tons of threads about them there.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in