Destination AT vs Dueler AT Revo - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-12-2008, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
mk34
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Destination AT vs Dueler AT Revo

I need a tire for my DD that will be used almost exclusively for on-road driving. And I need a tire that will perform well in rain/snow/ice. Right now Firestone Destinations are my top pick, for the price and the good reviews. The Revos look good too, but are slightly more than Im looking to spend. Anyone have any personal experience with either tire?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-12-2008, 03:52 PM
spshultz

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I absolutely love the Firestone Destination A/T's. I have them on a 2004 Hemi Durango AWD.
When new they were very quiet but as they wear (I have about 10,000 more miles left on them) they do get a bit more noisy but not as bad as some other tires I've had.

They've never let me down. I even took the family up some pretty knarly trails, with steep hills with rocks and mud and never worried one bit.

And they were perfect during the blizzard of 2006 here in Colorado. I was trying to high side it on purpose (Durango is pretty low because of the fuel tank skid plate) and the tires just pulled me right out.

They do "ok" on ice but do really well on hard packed snow. And they are just fine in slush. But, I slow it way down when encountering any of that.

If I could afford it right now I'd be putting a set on my '87 Wrangler.

Sorry for the rambling nature of this post but I believe they really are a very good tire and I definitely recommend them.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 07:35 AM
grogie
I Like to Camp

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have REVOS on both of my Jeeps. For daily driving, their great in all conditions. I've also been impressed with them on trails. Wear is minimal, and their also a great looking tire. When I lift my TJ, I'll be going to an MT tire for more off-road use, but I'd buy them again otherwise. With my KJ, it was a big improvement over the stock GSA's!

See my reviews here...
http://reviews.jeepforum.com/showpro...hp?product=275

Red Jeep Club #345
'06 TJ Sport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 KJ Limited - Sold
'13 Off-Road Trailer -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'18 4Runner Limited

"Civilization is what old men salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists.Ē Don Colacho

post #4 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
mk34
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the help guys. Both tires look great. But I might go with the Destinations simply because they cost less. We'll see.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Chris93zj
1993 ZJ 

just had a set of Destination AT's installed 2 days ago.. road noise is very minimal both highway and low speed. snow traction is great...haven't had to hit 4wd yet, even running through 6+ inches of unplowed snowy roads. ice traction..so-so. It's an AT after all, though. Haven't had any real hard-packed snow here yet...ours is more slushy, wet stuff right now. But I picked the set up at the Firestone store in town..the set of 4 with lifetime bal/rotate in a factory 215/75/15 size for $482.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
mk34
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93zj View Post
just had a set of Destination AT's installed 2 days ago.. road noise is very minimal both highway and low speed. snow traction is great...haven't had to hit 4wd yet, even running through 6+ inches of unplowed snowy roads. ice traction..so-so. It's an AT after all, though. Haven't had any real hard-packed snow here yet...ours is more slushy, wet stuff right now. But I picked the set up at the Firestone store in town..the set of 4 with lifetime bal/rotate in a factory 215/75/15 size for $482.
Yeah thats about the price I plan on spending. My stocks right now are 225/75/15 so I'll stick with that size.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Jeep25
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had the Destination A/T's installed last Monday.

Very quiet on the road and they look great with the outline white lettering.

I went with 30x9.5 on new Outlaw II rims.

Did some research on them and looks like I made a good choice so far. Just waiting for some snow to really test them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in