Cooper Discoverer STT Pro - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 82 Old 08-18-2015, 07:50 PM
cruzer23
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbacus View Post
Depends on the ply. 6 ply 35 is good. I run 10 ply at 45. Check side wall for that info.
max psi of the stt pro 33x1250x15 is 35psi

weird thing, cooper doesnt list the 33x1250x15 on their website anymore. it did at first

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 Old 08-18-2015, 08:18 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Depends on the ply. 6 ply 35 is good. I run 10 ply at 45. Check side wall for that info.
Depends on how heavy your Jeep is. I would still expect the usual mid-high 20's psi for a 33-35" tire. Ignore the side wall. Ignore the sticker on the door sill. Pay attention to your specific vehicle.

2003 Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 82 Old 08-19-2015, 11:20 AM
TecRsq
2005 TJ Wrangler 

New shoes and socks, with Centramatic balancers at all 4 corners.

12.50x35x15's on 15x8 steel rims, running 3.75" backspace.

Sorry for the poser shots as I'm juggling today, will get em in the ruts, rocks and slop this weekend.

The Centramatics are the only thing balancing these tires and I Chalked em to get my sweet spots on air pressure.

Front tires @ 28psi and rears at 26psi

2005 TJ-Rubicon W/ 6 speed

post #64 of 82 Old 08-19-2015, 07:42 PM
bbacus

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking jeep.
post #65 of 82 Old 08-20-2015, 10:25 AM
TecRsq
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice looking jeep.
Much thanks and funny how shoes and socks can literally transform capability and the look.

Cant wait to slime them and put them on different types of terrain.

post #66 of 82 Old 08-20-2015, 11:51 AM
indeepwithajeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I need to do a chock test.. I've been running mine at 30psi.
post #67 of 82 Old 08-20-2015, 02:02 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by indeepwithajeep View Post
I need to do a chock test..
I'd like to think you will drive right over them.

2003 Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #68 of 82 Old 08-20-2015, 03:58 PM
TecRsq
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
I'd like to think you will drive right over them.

post #69 of 82 Old 08-22-2015, 05:51 PM
TecRsq
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got to put my STT Pro's to use today. We did a quick half day ride to a forest service trail up in Lumpkin County Ga.

Area is along the Appalachian Trail starting point and a nice spot for a variety terrain.

Some slop, some rocks, some sand and some rutted and sloped area's, that even got air under opposite side tires several times.

Coopers did great and traction was never an issue, the tires have very good road manners and really bite in multiple types of terrain.

Was simply having too much fun being out and we didn't stop to take much picture wise.

You will remember me stating that I went with Centramatic's for the balancing duties. They work like a charm and have had my TJ rolling straight and smooth, with no ride ability or drive issues whatsoever. The Jeep has been up as high as 75mph highway speed and no issues to report.

Fuzzy picture but rear passenger and front driver of my brothers LJ, are roughly a foot off ground in this picture. Funny how lines affect the positioning and that the extra wheelbase sometimes adds to the interesting navigation of an obstacle.

post #70 of 82 Old 03-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just got a set of the STT Pro's I was really torn between these Coopers and another set of MTR K's. But I thought I would try something new and see how things go.

As mentioned I was previously running the MTR-K which I loved. Only complaint about the MTR's is they never really balanced right.....and I had them done 3 times.....

First impressions?

They run a little small compared to my MTR's. My worn MTR's one of which is my spare come out just a little (hair) shorter then my brand new Coopers. Its pretty obvious that the MTR's run bigger just by looking at the side wall and body of the tire without even looking at remaining tread on the lugs etc. I would say the MTR's have a solid .5" on these tires.

Also the side wall on the MTR has more rubber and "side biters" or whatever.

The Coopers are a very aggressive tire, pictures do not do them justice. They look serious, like a Pitbull (tire company...not the dog) or something at first glance.

On road manners are noticeably better than my Good years, Smooth, quiet, less wander. Might sound weird but they seem to absorb bumps much better as well. Extremely impressed such an aggressive tire handles so amazingly well.

It was a below freezing day today with wet roads and some snow, hooked up better then the MTR's I drove on to the tire shop this morning without a doubt.

Have not wheeled them yet, will report back when I do. Judging from the tread pattern and compound these tires should be very good.
post #71 of 82 Old 03-17-2016, 07:31 PM
cruzer23
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrama View Post
They run a little small compared to my MTR's. My worn MTR's one of which is my spare come out just a little (hair) shorter then my brand new Coopers. Its pretty obvious that the MTR's run bigger just by looking at the side wall and body of the tire without even looking at remaining tread on the lugs etc. I would say the MTR's have a solid .5" on these tires.
are you saying the mrts have .5 on the stt pros brand new, or the worn mtr?

cooper says their 35 is a 34.5, goodyear says their 35 is 34.8

i was on the fence between those 2 tires as well but reading the hard to balancing of the mtrs along with my great experience with cooper st maxx tires i got the stt pros

02 overland
33 cooper stt pro
4" RC long arm
post #72 of 82 Old 03-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would say new for new .5" larger. If the Worn MTR's were .5" larger then the new Coopers I would be pretty pissed.

Earlier in the thread someone measured the STT Pro out to 34" even installed Brand new. I think this is accurate The good years would run about 34.5" installed brand new....If memory serves me right that is exactly what I measured my brand new Good Years too all those years ago....
post #73 of 82 Old 07-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

And 1 down thanks to a tree

I am dissapointed I have run KM2's and MTR-K's and never had a rip like this! Hoping its just some bad luck and not something I can expect.

Tires are solid performers on the trail though on par with the MTR-K's
post #74 of 82 Old 07-05-2016, 01:51 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Oh no! Is that a stab and tear or a scrape?

2003 Rubicon

post #75 of 82 Old 07-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was avoiding a deep rut, so pulled up on the left while going slow (1st gear) and brushed against a tree (branch must have broken through). It was slow but with some force behind it.

Brought it to a shop who normally fixes sidewall cuts (very properly) *for offroad use only* and they said the tire was beyond toast clear rip from tread to bead.

Worth it though what a great day.....

Tags
Cooper , jeep , tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in