Backspacing/offset to tires question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
bman21

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Backspacing/offset to tires question

I have a 09 JKU with a 2.5 RC lift. I will be buying new wheels and tires soon. I am getting confused the more I look into wheels and tire size. I was looking at a 17x9 Pro Comp series 32 wheel that has a back spacing of 4.75 and an offset of -6.35mm. I am considering a 33-34in tire somewhere around there. Now my concern is rubbing with the tire or needing to re gear. I would like to stay away from having to re gear. I also have stock fenders and would like the tires to stick out just a tad nothing major. Any advice would be awesome like sizes of wheels or tires to stay away from.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-08-2019, 02:34 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
4.75Bs is min. should work fine. More the trouble will be lose of power on the street. lose of MPG. at 34 the lift may be short depending on the bump stops.

33-34 gearing will be the main issue. what gears are in this jeep. trans type. These are the more important questions and the MOST expensive if any of them are needed. people tend to go big on tires then hate they way its so slow. But gears are like one of the most expensive things to change. few do it as they just live with poor power and mpg. You r year jeep is much like a TJ. same autos used, same stick. Just a REAL heavy jeep now.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-08-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
bman21

1997 TJ Wrangler 

The gears are 3.73 and it’s an automatic. I will stick with a 33in tire I’m also tossing around dropping down to a 16x8 wheel since the price is so much lower. So I need to stick with at least a 4.75in- 5in back spacing would be ideal? And a negative offset correct?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in