All Terrain Tires - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of 416 Old 12-13-2014, 05:42 PM
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
Bingo! Ya, just poking a little fun at the Cooper infatuation crowd. It's a great street tire but needs to stay on the street. It's pretty sad when the tires on my wife's Caddy look more aggressive than the tires on my Jeep!
Immaturity, trolling, and nothing to contribute is more like it.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip****s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 416 Old 12-13-2014, 05:58 PM
jadmt
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2169 View Post
I think it is funny that people think it is trolling if someone has a different point of view. I have AT3's and they are a let down. Probably good that there are some counter views for people so they don't make the same mistake. If you want an AT to actually go off road with there are much better choices.
post #393 of 416 Old 12-14-2014, 06:56 AM
CJ7nvrstk

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Hmm, I did seem to address these tires instead of the statement above which does nothing to contribute to this thread.

I spent a good bit of coin on these tires and found that some of the claims I've read on here are just absurd. I have first had experience with these tires. As I've repeatedly stated, they are a great street tire but there are better choices if you plan on wheeling. I will not be buying these tires again. If your skin is too thin for a little good natured ribbing, ignore it instead of whining about it. Just because someone expresses an opposing view it does not mean they are trolling. They are expressing that view.

Feel free to go to those threads with absurd claims and call those out for trolling. There are many of those on here and just because you don't agree with that point of view it could be construed as trolling as well. You make a foolish claim, expect some heat. I'm bringing a flamethrower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I think it is funny that people think it is trolling if someone has a different point of view. I have AT3's and they are a let down. Probably good that there are some counter views for people so they don't make the same mistake. If you want an AT to actually go off road with there are much better choices.
Exactly!

RED Friday. Remember Everyone Deployed
45 MB, 67 Commando, 85 CJ, 08 JKU, 11 JKU

post #394 of 416 Old 12-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I am pretty sure he is just having fun. I think if you read his prior posts you will find he sees the AT3's a lot like me..ok for street tires but not a true AT jeep tire.
Sorry, I thought I laid on the sarcasm pretty thick with that post It was also a joke post.

Quote:
Welcome to the internet.... A magical land of busting chops and difference of opinion.

2014 WK2
post #395 of 416 Old 12-14-2014, 08:42 AM
CJ7nvrstk

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
Sorry, I thought I laid on the sarcasm pretty thick with that post It was also a joke post.

Welcome to the internet.... A magical land of busting chops and difference of opinion.
Oh, you better not do that Pedro! It's called trolling now!

Back on topic now though.

Who here is running the Pro Comp XAT?

post #396 of 416 Old 12-14-2014, 04:56 PM
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt
There's a different point of view and then there's acting like an a$$ hat. I wouldn't buy these tires you speak of, and don't own them, nor would I consider them. However I'll show a bit of sympathy for you since you were the two *******es who actually fell for the marketing campaign and bought them.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip****s.
post #397 of 416 Old 12-14-2014, 05:08 PM
CJ7nvrstk

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
There's a different point of view and then there's acting like an a$$ hat. I wouldn't buy these tires you speak of, and don't own them, nor would I consider them. However I'll show a bit of sympathy for you since you were the two *******es who actually fell for the marketing campaign and bought them.
Sorry if your feelings were hurt in any way shape or form. Can I make it up to you by getting you a Latte? Or perhaps a nice merlot or drink with an umbrella? When you're done with that, please feel free to wash the sand out of your vagina.

Back on topic. Many here have bought into the marketing campaign and disinformation when it comes to buying tires. Don't feel sorry for me. They work great for me on the street and that's what I bought them for. I have dedicated trail tires I swap out when I go wheeling. My Coopers only see dirt when I have to go winch someone out and have found their serious offroad shortcomings there.

Please try to stay on topic. When you don't contribute and just bring personal attacks it makes it appear as though you are the troll!

Last edited by CJ7nvrstk; 12-14-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Can't spell
post #398 of 416 Old 12-14-2014, 05:11 PM
jadmt
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
No need for sympathy towards me, I am not asking for anyone's pity just want to make sure people do a little research to see if they really think these tires are going to be the end all for them. I got a great deal on them so when I am going on road trips that won't see any off roading I will slap them on as I have them mounted on my original 14 rubi rims. Funny you would not buy the tires but you are passionate enough about them to call me a name. I wonder why?
post #399 of 416 Old 03-18-2015, 10:01 AM
mycheroke
2002 WJ 

I need tire help

I am working on putting a new set of tires on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The current size I have is 245/65/17. The guy at Commercial tire said that if I want to go with a good all terrain tire I need to go to a 16" rim. Help??? I have no idea what I need to do to convert.....
post #400 of 416 Old 03-18-2015, 10:13 AM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycheroke View Post
I am working on putting a new set of tires on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The current size I have is 245/65/17. The guy at Commercial tire said that if I want to go with a good all terrain tire I need to go to a 16" rim. Help??? I have no idea what I need to do to convert.....
The guy at commercial tire is just trying to get his hands in your wallet. Everybody's going to say something different about the rim size. I personally stick with 15's cuz the tires are cheaper. Converting would only be a matter of buying some different rims and then buying the tires that fit.

D3<!L!>3D
post #401 of 416 Old 03-18-2015, 10:21 AM
mycheroke
2002 WJ 

I wouldn't mind just sticking with the rims I have but he said that they don't have the all terrains in the 17s' Is that a true statement?
post #402 of 416 Old 03-18-2015, 10:35 AM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycheroke View Post
I wouldn't mind just sticking with the rims I have but he said that they don't have the all terrains in the 17s' Is that a true statement?
Depending on what tire you're looking at. The new BFG AT/KO2 can only be had for a 17" rim or bigger.

D3<!L!>3D
post #403 of 416 Old 03-19-2015, 06:54 PM
329892 - Deactivated
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
The guy at commercial tire is just trying to get his hands in your wallet. Everybody's going to say something different about the rim size. I personally stick with 15's cuz the tires are cheaper. Converting would only be a matter of buying some different rims and then buying the tires that fit.
x2

There are lots of there are lots of 17" ATs.

Find a new tire shop.

Commercial Tire might not have them but everyone else does.
post #404 of 416 Old 03-20-2015, 06:30 AM
CJ7nvrstk

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
x2

There are lots of there are lots of 17" ATs.

Find a new tire shop.

Commercial Tire might not have them but everyone else does.
X3.

He's just trying to improve his sales numbers by selling you tires and wheels. Shop elsewhere!

post #405 of 416 Old 04-02-2015, 03:25 AM
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

17" wheels are fine (if it's a tall enough tire). So are 16" and 15" fine, IMO. Use what you have and get the best tire for it that you can.

Warning: I often edit my posts a few times to get them complete or correct errors.

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in