My beautiful 98 Wrangler Sport, wrecked - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2019, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
hepme2

My beautiful 98 Wrangler Sport, wrecked

Yes, a tragedy and nearly a tragedy for me, personally. It's sitting in Newburgh Indiana, covered with a tarp.
My mechanic friend, who is very clever with auto mechanics, says, it's fixable and still runs as of today.
He is supposed to fix the right-rear wheel base area, where it needs at least two parts.
It's been sitting at this mechanics house since late January, 2019. He has made no effort to fix my jeep like he agreed, not unusual for him, even though he can be very good when he wants actually work.

This Jeep was not only beautiful but ran like a well oiled sewing machine--before the wreck.
I was sideswiped bu--you guessed it--a 28 year old lady driver right after sundown.
She did not even see me turn left, as I was driving in a northern direction. She was flying--guessing 45/50 miles an hour, driving southward as I took a blinking caution light and turned left.
No brakes no horn, so she slammed me , sideways, but hit me, it seemed, with full force.

I have photos, and have been told that the frame is not bent, even though, looking at that right side you might think it was bent.
I am now ready give-up on this mechanic and find a well-deserved home for my wounded Jeep.

Photos are not downloading as of now?

Last edited by hepme2; 05-24-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-16-2019, 10:51 PM
Bamabat
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do you still have parts available? I need a 32RH transmission if you have it.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-08-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
hepme2

Sorry, I am not mechanically inclined. If that transmission is in almost all '98 Sport Wranglers, then yes, it's there.
However, I do live in southern Indiana. How about you?
Thank for the reply.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in