2007 WK JGC Limited CRD - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 01-09-2021, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Sosruko

2008 WK 

Garage
2007 WK JGC Limited CRD

The engine block is cracked and the oil/coolant started draining out while coasting down the freeway. Prior to the catastrophic failure, there was a loud knock for 45 seconds to a minute before complete loss of power. I haven't yet done an autopsy, so I'm not sure what actually happened. Possibly a thrown rod or rear main bearing failure?? The crank shaft pulley is no longer in line with the other pulleys - it's forward and at a slight angle to the rest. There were no lights, and no codes even while sitting dead along side the road waiting for the tow truck. I have earmarked a couple things that will swap to my 2008 WK Hemi. Otherwise, the rest is up for grabs.

I have no idea if the heads survived, but other bolt-ons should be good. I only did a few minor mods, so most of the stock parts are still there. Interior is Medium Slate Grey, and is in decent condition. The driver's side seat bottom is cracked like they all do... Exterior is Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat. There is rust on the front passenger side fender near the headlight, and I had just noticed a little starting on the edge of the liftgate. There are a couple lights out on hvac controls, and all the lights are out on the information center buttons. For the rest of the options, here is the build sheet from Jeep.com: https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...HR58M77C698735. I will gladly take pictures of parts before deciding if you want them.

I have an additional turbo actuator that was never installed and is new in box. It is the G-001 from Amazon. I got the dreaded P0299 code, but it was the turbo resonator leaking. I did the repair with the Cat hose rather than replacing the resonator. I never got around to returning the actuator, and now the window has passed... A shame, really, as I paid $120 and they are currently available for $72.

As for pricing, name one. I have certainly benefited from the knowledge on this forum. While I am trying to get more out of this than scrap prices, I want anyone here to also get a good deal. So really, just name a fair price and I'll probably accept it... Worst I can do is counter with another price. Local pickup in/near the twin cities area of Minnesota, otherwise shipping is on you. USPS, UPS, and FedEx are the easiest shippers for me to use.

And as a general heads up, it may take me a couple days to get to the Jeep to pull parts. It's stored at my in-laws and it's a bit chilly here in Minnesota.

2008 WK Overland 4X4, QDII, 5.7L Hemi... Stock, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 01-11-2021, 07:11 PM
badgerwithhands
2007 WK 

Garage
What were the minor mods?

07 WK Overland CRD, cargo LEDs, OME HD, MOPAR skids, rack,
future mods: tires, lights, CB, skids,
post #3 of 23 Old 01-12-2021, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Sosruko

2008 WK 

Garage
Other than the Cat hose, the main mod I did was the standard GDE Eco tune which took care of the bad swirl motor. I replaced the elephant hose with the upgraded seals (more of an upgrade than a mod...). Never got the elephant hose mod done, nor the DPF delete, though I did pick up a second DPF filter off this forum with plans to hollow it out (I never did). I also ran a slightly larger tire on the stock rims. Other than that, it was pretty stock.

If I could get the GDE tune unlocked, I'd be happy to let that go. Unfortunately, it won't really do anyone any good...

post #4 of 23 Old 01-12-2021, 07:33 PM
badgerwithhands
2007 WK 

Garage
I think someone here needed an ECU. Theoretically would keep the tune with it, no?

post #5 of 23 Old 01-13-2021, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Sosruko

2008 WK 

Garage
I think it could work in theory, unless they had to have it reflashed to match the VIN of the receiving vehicle.

I did share PMs with said person and they went with the pre-programmed unit from CarTech Electronics. My initial asking price may have been too high as I had asked for something closer to what I found on bay...

For reference, the ECU part number I have is P05149089AD. I would include the handheld OBDII tuner from GDE with the ECU. The handheld has the original stock tune still loaded in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerwithhands View Post
I think someone here needed an ECU. Theoretically would keep the tune with it, no?

post #6 of 23 Old 01-13-2021, 07:44 PM
2005JGC

2005 WK 

Garage
If it is grey does it have 1, navigation, 2 the passenger seat leather, top and bottom would be awesome (would need to verify pattern).

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Work in progress...
post #7 of 23 Old 01-13-2021, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Sosruko

2008 WK 

Garage
It does not have navigation. it's the 6 disk, no aux radio. RAQ, I think. Passenger seat/leather is still there and in decent condition. See photos for pattern/color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005JGC View Post
If it is grey does it have 1, navigation, 2 the passenger seat leather, top and bottom would be awesome (would need to verify pattern).
Attached Images

post #8 of 23 Old 01-14-2021, 10:27 PM
2005JGC

2005 WK 

Garage
Holy crap, that seat looks new. Honestly, I don't even feel comfortable offering $$ for the work it would take you to get them off to make shipping kind of reasonable and also giving you a fair price... I would probably be better saving your time and picking up a new set online.

There are a few things in the pictures I am interested in, gosh. Its mostly killing me because I have been keeping my eyes open for another parts car myself so I don't want to get too deep buying things for a fair price and paying to ship to end up getting everything cheap in my own parts car. Let me sleep on it and think about some prices. I am headed to the woods for a few days tomorrow night so it may be next week before I follow up.

Thank you for the quick response and pictures!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Work in progress...
post #9 of 23 Old 01-14-2021, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Sosruko

2008 WK 

Garage
You can't see it in those photos, but the driver's side bottom does have some cracking/flaking on the left side. But the passenger side is still nice. These are photos from almost a year ago after a detailing - it does clean up well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005JGC View Post
Holy crap, that seat looks new.

post #10 of 23 Old 01-20-2021, 07:15 AM
richamor1955

Garage
I'm interested in a few things if you're parting out. The top pushbutton bar above the HVAC controls. The roof rack stands. The plastic trim piece on the passenger seat at the seat belt. And the drivers door seal.

I've forgotten my old password and have since changed emails so I don't have enough posts yet for the PM to work. And since I've divorced from paypal I would send a money order or cashiers check.
post #11 of 23 Old 01-20-2021, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Sosruko

2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richamor1955 View Post
I'm interested in a few things if you're parting out. The top pushbutton bar above the HVAC controls. The roof rack stands. The plastic trim piece on the passenger seat at the seat belt. And the drivers door seal.

The top push button bar (Information Center) does have some physical wear on the buttons and all the lights have finally gone out. The buttons do still function normally, but this is a far from perfect piece. I'll also need to look at the driver's door seal to check for any wear - I seem to remember there being a little wear spot from feet dragging while climbing in and out.

Roof rack and trim piece are still there. Shoot me an email with price thoughts at bennie(at)hollywoodpyrotechnics(dot)com and I'll get photos of the button bar and door seal.

post #12 of 23 Old 01-23-2021, 08:58 AM
badgerwithhands
2007 WK 

Garage
Items received. Thanks

post #13 of 23 Old 03-15-2021, 03:43 PM
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosruko View Post
Other than the Cat hose, the main mod I did was the standard GDE Eco tune which took care of the bad swirl motor. I replaced the elephant hose with the upgraded seals (more of an upgrade than a mod...). Never got the elephant hose mod done, nor the DPF delete, though I did pick up a second DPF filter off this forum with plans to hollow it out (I never did). I also ran a slightly larger tire on the stock rims. Other than that, it was pretty stock.

If I could get the GDE tune unlocked, I'd be happy to let that go. Unfortunately, it won't really do anyone any good...
I think if you contact GDE they should be able to unlock the tune for you.

If they do...i'll take it off your hands.

2014 TJOTY Winner
IG: theracingjeep
SAS CRD WK on 37s
Lowrider TJ on 40s
post #14 of 23 Old 03-17-2021, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Sosruko

2008 WK 

Garage
I’ll look into it and see if Keith is able to do unlock the tune without getting in trouble.

post #15 of 23 Old 03-25-2021, 08:44 AM
badgerwithhands
2007 WK 

Garage
How are the turbo and intake manifolds, injectors, glow plug module, glow plugs?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in