2000 Jeep XJ Sport - 122k miles - Western NY - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-18-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
aglass0fmilk
1997 XJ Cherokee 

2000 Jeep XJ Sport - 122k miles - Western NY

Parting out a silver 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ with 122k miles -- the body and frame are completely rusted out and will not pass inspection. It was a daily driver until the windshield cracked and inspection was due. Many good parts aside from the body and exterior accents. This vehicle has relatively low miles for Jeep XJs.

Engine runs great, no lifter tick or any knock. Relatively low miles for one of these engines. No problems with the automatic transmission or part-time 4X4 transfer case either.

I have a video from 9/15/19 of the engine running if you want to see it.

It is a 4.0L from 2000 and is slightly different from previous years. Main difference is the distributor-less ignition using coil packs. You may need to swap your distributor and old ignition system if installing this engine in an older model Cherokee.

Larger items are local pickup only... unless you arrange freight and can convince me otherwise. I am willing to ship smaller items. I am located in Buffalo, NY.

Other good parts are some interior trim pieces (dark grey/agate, correct for 1999+), factory privacy glass, running gear, cruise control parts, remote keyless entry circuit board w/ paired fob, power window motors and door locks (all working when pulled). It also has a dealer-installed power sunroof that worked when pulled.

Rear hatch is OK, small dent but no rust through. Doors, fenders, and hood are all shot.

Fuel pump worked great. Brake system worked. Power steering worked. Has the common Chrysler 8.25 rear diff with relatively low miles. Cowl vent panel is usable but needs refinishing.

Send me an email or text with what you're looking for and an offer. Some parts I will be keeping for my 97 XJ

Attached Thumbnails
56114006078__245CB191-2D59-49C5-ABF5-E9945089AC6E.jpg   56114191421__DBBA3724-0A68-4F22-92BF-26DA35656D6A.jpg   IMG_1351.jpg   IMG_2218.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-06-2019, 05:12 AM
Camaro45th

Where are you located?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Camaro45th

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglass0fmilk View Post
Parting out a silver 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ with 122k miles -- the body and frame are completely rusted out and will not pass inspection. It was a daily driver until the windshield cracked and inspection was due. Many good parts aside from the body and exterior accents. This vehicle has relatively low miles for Jeep XJs.

Engine runs great, no lifter tick or any knock. Relatively low miles for one of these engines. No problems with the automatic transmission or part-time 4X4 transfer case either.

I have a video from 9/15/19 of the engine running if you want to see it.

It is a 4.0L from 2000 and is slightly different from previous years. Main difference is the distributor-less ignition using coil packs. You may need to swap your distributor and old ignition system if installing this engine in an older model Cherokee.

Larger items are local pickup only... unless you arrange freight and can convince me otherwise. I am willing to ship smaller items. I am located in Buffalo, NY.

Other good parts are some interior trim pieces (dark grey/agate, correct for 1999+), factory privacy glass, running gear, cruise control parts, remote keyless entry circuit board w/ paired fob, power window motors and door locks (all working when pulled). It also has a dealer-installed power sunroof that worked when pulled.

Rear hatch is OK, small dent but no rust through. Doors, fenders, and hood are all shot.

Fuel pump worked great. Brake system worked. Power steering worked. Has the common Chrysler 8.25 rear diff with relatively low miles. Cowl vent panel is usable but needs refinishing.

Send me an email or text with what you're looking for and an offer. Some parts I will be keeping for my 97 XJ

Where are you located?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in