Tell us about your first car... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
EBC Brakes UK
EBC Brakes UK

Tell us about your first car...

This week We were looking back at some old EBC Brake photos and brochures from 'days gone by' which then got us talking about the first vehicles we all owned (some of these can be seen in our new 'Taking a Break' YouTube series Taking a Brake with the EBC Team | Episode 1: Group CEO, James Hallett - YouTube

So, the question We have is what was the first vehicle you owned and what was so special or, not so special about it?
Was there anything 'quirky' about it? Did it have a name? Did you do any special upgrades to it?

We would love to see photos of your first vehicle and will be sending some free EBC goodies (Cap, Mug, Pen, Lanyard, you know the sort of things!) to a randomly selected forum user.

Get searching for those old photos in those attics/lofts/garages/under parent's beds or just on your phone or computer if you are from the younger generation.

We can't wait to see what you all used to drive, and I am sure occasionally push!

My first car was a Renault GT Turbo Raider with the colour coded wheels. No real modifications to be done so kept it standard, which in those days was more than enough. I wish I still had it as it would have made me a small fortune......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-07-2021, 09:36 PM
Roadijeff

My first car was a 1974 Chevy Vega. It looked OK but that was about the only thing I can say that was good about it. I had it for several years and I think it used more oil than gas. It used to foul plugs frequently, caused by using dissimilar materials in the block and heads. I reduced the fouling issue by using some plug extenders so the plugs did not poke as far down into the cylinders. What a nightmare car for a poor college student.

This isn't mine but it looked pretty much the same.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2021, 07:46 AM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This was me with the first car ('65 Barracuda ) that was 'mine' as opposed to parent's hand-me-down back in 1969 (restored from an old Polaroid shot...my only picture). 273 V8. Eventually I wandered into the Euro sports car obsession, but always missed that car. Wish now I never let it go. That and my Jeep are my two favorites.
Attached Thumbnails
Barracuda-65.jpg  

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in