How to put a 2007 JK electric swaybar in your YJ--WRITEUP WITH PICS - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 322 Old 01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfertig
Good question and your not an idiot. It is a lot to learn for someone who hasnt dabbled with electronics.

WHat you do is build this board. It then steps down the voltage to 5+ volts and used an IC or Integrated Circuit to control motor FUNCTION.

Then you need to have a programmable rom chip or PROM. This circuit is then connected to the PROM and gives instructions on how to operate the motor. I will purchase a PROM and program it. It allows me to use my laptop to tell the chip how long to run the motor and when to operate the lock control. Really a simple circuit compared to what is in there now. That electronic board that Paul Tyler ripped from the sway bar is some awesome engineering. I just am making a simple version of it. So the PROM is the LOGIC

Function is motor and power requirements and Logic is how to manipulate the motor to do what you want it to do.

FUNCTION + LOGIC = CONTROL
Thanks for that...

If you make this and it works, I may be interested in one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 322 Old 01-09-2007, 10:29 PM
cjb7804

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler
Yes. Just make sure it runs the motor in the right direction. if not just switch the wires.

Edit: I checked and white is positve and red is negative.
Awsome. Thanks alot for your time, info, and push to do a mod like this. It's always cool to see stuf like this done and work effeciently without spending a ton of money.

1988 Wrangler, 2000 Cherokee Freedom Edition,
post #93 of 322 Old 01-09-2007, 10:47 PM
julietkilo

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmoose
Thanks for that...

If you make this and it works, I may be interested in one.
In all reality simple is best, even Albert Einstein said that "if you can make something work in the simplest way, do it" or something to that effect.

Well Pauls idea with the switches are the easiest and will work. I just love electronics and I love to build them too. I want to get a parts list together and build a logical circuit so that if I want to dissconnect my axle all I have to do is push one momentary button to engage and press the same button again to dis-engage. I would also like to use a switch similar to factoy styling so it feels and looks factory.

In my setup I would have the ignition be the "on switch" or the "arm switch" and when I want to dissconnect the sway bar just press one button. Then if I want to reconnect press the same button again. Just my .02

Oh and I would include some type of indication light that the axle is dissconnected so that I dont accidentally have it disconnected on the highway.

post #94 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 07:40 AM
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfertig
In all reality simple is best, even Albert Einstein said that "if you can make something work in the simplest way, do it" or something to that effect.

Well Pauls idea with the switches are the easiest and will work. I just love electronics and I love to build them too. I want to get a parts list together and build a logical circuit so that if I want to dissconnect my axle all I have to do is push one momentary button to engage and press the same button again to dis-engage. I would also like to use a switch similar to factoy styling so it feels and looks factory.

In my setup I would have the ignition be the "on switch" or the "arm switch" and when I want to dissconnect the sway bar just press one button. Then if I want to reconnect press the same button again. Just my .02

Oh and I would include some type of indication light that the axle is dissconnected so that I dont accidentally have it disconnected on the highway.
If simple was best, we wouldn't do all this crap to our jeeps.
post #95 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 09:01 AM
ebeer69
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just ordered mine.Good guy parts buddy discount $52.85.
He tells me they are priced that low in case of warranty claims. They expect to replace a few & it makes there cost on warranty repairs lower !
post #96 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 AM
TerryHowe

Dang that is cool B-)

--

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #97 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 09:21 AM
k1llerkyle

Time to educate another person... I am confused on how the disconnect happens? Does anyone have a flex shot?
post #98 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 AM
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llerkyle
Time to educate another person... I am confused on how the disconnect happens? Does anyone have a flex shot?
the sway bar is actually a two piece design. There are splines internal to the bar, and when engaged, they lock the two pieces together. When the lock is retracted, the two parts are free to move in different directions.
post #99 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 09:56 AM
k1llerkyle

so when using this, are you getting full flex when unlocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmoose
the sway bar is actually a two piece design. There are splines internal to the bar, and when engaged, they lock the two pieces together. When the lock is retracted, the two parts are free to move in different directions.
post #100 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llerkyle
so when using this, are you getting full flex when unlocked?
That is correct. We are still waiting for Paul to post some pics.
post #101 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 01:03 PM
xjcrawlr

I ordered mine from Avondale Jeep, it will be here in 4 days
post #102 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 02:25 PM
sammon287
1991 YJ Wrangler 

just ordered one in Mt. Joy PA for $67 before tax. National backorder is now -11.
post #103 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 03:27 PM
BudmanV6

I just placed mine on order. $64.95. I was told that they were at -20 at the distributer before they placed the order for mine. Obviously I won't be able to fiddle around with this till mine comes in off backorder, but somebody needs to see if they can figure out a way to actually use the circuit board that is on the sway bar.

1992 Wrangler Sahara, 4.0L, 5spd, RE 4.5 XD lift, Fox remote reservoir shox, 33x12.5-15 BFGoodrich All-Terrains, 15x8 black rock crawlers, JK rubicon pneumatic swaybar, JKS quick disconnect track bar, Teraflex HD SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Ford 8.8 w/ 4.10 gears and arb locker, D30 w/ 4.11 gears and arb locker, York 210R OBA w/ Kilby mount, Dynomax Ultra Flow SS muffler, Alterstart 165A alternator, TJ flares, and Poison Spyder rocker knockers.
post #104 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 04:24 PM
jeepsteads

2005 LJ Wrangler 

i really want to see one "disconnected" im having trouble understanding it my self
post #105 of 322 Old 01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Hydro

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I understand it but I still want to see it, and I want one on my TJ!!

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in