Zj passenger floor wet / not ac / not sunroof - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 01-27-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Jeepmanchris
1998 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Sounds like you did a bunch of work and glad you're leak free so far!

PS. I had leaks around my windshield seal on my old 93 XJ and ran a fine bead of HQ clear silicone around it which stopped all leaks. I happened to stop in an auto glass shop which was real good I've dealt with before asking about a new windshield seal install.

The guy praised my work and said he couldn't seal it any better. But he also pointed out it would cost a fortune in labor to remove that silicone since it prevents their seal adhesive they use from adhering. The silicone is still in good shape, can't hardly even see it, and still leak free after about 6-7 years. Hope you experience the same luck!

Yeah I'd rather explore and do the work my self .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 01-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanchris View Post
Yeah I'd rather explore and do the work my self .
Me too and only stopped in the glass shop since I was driving by it and they're real good. Wife seems to have all the luck and we've replaced 3 windshields since way too many rocks/gravel on the freeways around here from dump trucks/construction. At least she hasn't taken out the windshield on our WJ or my ZJ yet! Knock on wood!

96 4.0 ZJ Laredo, 2004 4.7L WJ Limited, 96 4.0 XJ (son's)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
post #18 of 23 Old 01-28-2016, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Jeepmanchris
1998 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Me too and only stopped in the glass shop since I was driving by it and they're real good. Wife seems to have all the luck and we've replaced 3 windshields since way too many rocks/gravel on the freeways around here from dump trucks/construction. At least she hasn't taken out the windshield on our WJ or my ZJ yet! Knock on wood!
Yeah whoever put my windshield in didn't seal it great , however many years ago that was done by the PO. So I had to seal up one corner that was loose probably from flexing on trails or the outside elements

post #19 of 23 Old 01-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Para32
1998 ZJ 

This originally seemed like the heater box drain being clogged problem, there is an extensive post on this
post #20 of 23 Old 01-29-2016, 01:40 AM
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Believe Jeepmanchris did some pretty good detective work in determining it was not the clogged AC drain leaking. And he include that wasn't his problem in the thread title while leaking when hosing down with water.

The "repairing clogged AC drain" write-up was included in my AC drain rerouting write-up comments in post #12.

96 4.0 ZJ Laredo, 2004 4.7L WJ Limited, 96 4.0 XJ (son's)

&
post #21 of 23 Old 01-29-2016, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Jeepmanchris
1998 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Believe Jeepmanchris did some pretty good detective work in determining it was not the clogged AC drain leaking. And he include that wasn't his problem in the thread title while leaking when hosing down with water.

The "repairing clogged AC drain" write-up was included in my AC drain rerouting write-up comments in post #12.
You are correct sir. Thanks for reading
post #22 of 23 Old 04-13-2019, 08:02 PM
ZJ5spd
1993 ZJ 

Seal the windshield

Seal the windshield, espically at the top
post #23 of 23 Old 04-17-2019, 05:30 PM
1shotleft

1998 ZJ 

I had this same problem, I found a small rust hole behind the PDM in the engine bay. Cleaned it up and sealed it with silicone.

Sent from space with lasers.

Tags
4x4 , leak , passenger , sunroof , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in