you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 672 - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #10066 of 10778 Old 04-14-2014, 03:42 AM
ejschultz

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
It's not exclusive to auto-headlight ZJs. My Laredo also would leave the headlights on after turning them off. You can tell it's working fine, because if the headlights were on via the switch, the parking lamps would also be on, but if it's the timer, only the headlamps will be on.

I thought it was some wiring quirk on the Laredo, but the Orvis's manual explained it to me.
My buddy's 96 Laredo does that and he doesn't have auto headlights on his. I know with the auto lights, you can just turn them to off and you don't have to listen to people saying "you left your lights on." With the Laredos without the auto lights, you can remotely lock it, unlock it, then lock it again. That'll turn them off.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Xenon flat flares, LoD front bumper, Tuff Stuff rear bumper, RH4X4 sliders, 33" STT Pros on 15x8s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10067 of 10778 Old 04-14-2014, 08:31 AM
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

If you want to kill the lights immediately, the lock, unlock, relock works. Otherwise, for manual lights, turn them off BEFORE you turn off the ignition (they'll just turn right off that way). For auto lights, turn key off, to accessory and back to off and the lights will shut off. Or just flip the switch to off.
post #10068 of 10778 Old 04-14-2014, 09:02 AM
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Know you drive a ZJ when your buddies talk crap about the jeep saying it's going to get stuck or break down when you take it out with the big trucks lol Had to pull that big *** "bro truck" out twice lol and yup jeep went through it just fine oh and I have street tires haha Name:  image-178329733.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  401.6 KB Name:  image-847179858.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  538.1 KB

Anybody can be become an American, you have to be BORN TEXAN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10069 of 10778 Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 AM
SchizophrenicMC
2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
If you want to kill the lights immediately, the lock, unlock, relock works. Otherwise, for manual lights, turn them off BEFORE you turn off the ignition (they'll just turn right off that way). For auto lights, turn key off, to accessory and back to off and the lights will shut off. Or just flip the switch to off.
Yes, I found all these out on my own. I believe it's also possible to have the BCM flashed at a dealership to never leave the lights on.

Would be nice if it was configurable like a WJ's. The EVIC lets you configure whether the lights stay on, whether the doors auto-lock, whether the lights flash on remote lock, or the horn sounds, and even the amount of time the lights will stay on. All of these functions exist in the ZJ, but have to be programmed with the dealer tool.

You know you drive a ZJ when you wish you had a WJ in your collection.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb
post #10070 of 10778 Old 04-14-2014, 09:25 AM
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
You know you drive a ZJ when you wish you had a WJ in your collection.
I don't know... I had a 2003 WJ with all the bells and whistles minus the HO engine. I've had three ZJs since then, if that tells you anything. I'm shopping for a new Jeep for the wife, and I'm leaning towards an WJ Overland if I can find one with low(ish) mileage. We'll see if I get another one in the stable anytime soon.

March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
post #10071 of 10778 Old 04-14-2014, 06:49 PM
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

When you're curious about the noise your ZJ's engine makes at a stoplight but not curious enough to check it out (a ratt'll e/vibration that goes away when I put it in neutral for a little bit).

Sent from my SM-N900V using JeepForum
post #10072 of 10778 Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 PM
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

You know you drive a zj when your buddy thinks his chevy 1500 is so much better than your zj and you tell him "how many transmissions has your truck torn through? 3. How many transfer cases have you gone through? 2. How many times has it not started on you? Countless times." And three days later you blow your transfer case and the next day after that your battery dies.

All I need in life is my Jeep, my guns, and my wrenches... And maybe some fine women too
post #10073 of 10778 Old 04-15-2014, 01:12 AM
SchizophrenicMC
2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I don't know... I had a 2003 WJ with all the bells and whistles minus the HO engine. I've had three ZJs since then, if that tells you anything. I'm shopping for a new Jeep for the wife, and I'm leaning towards an WJ Overland if I can find one with low(ish) mileage. We'll see if I get another one in the stable anytime soon.
My buddy bought a WJ. It's nice. There are a lot of things I like about it. I almost bought a WJ twice. Ended up in another ZJ each time.

You really get the feeling that the WJ is the logical next step to the ZJ. Everything has been refined. But in all that refinement, something is undeniably lacking in the WJ, that the ZJ intangibly has.

It's probably square headlights.

Signature rules are dumb
post #10074 of 10778 Old 04-15-2014, 06:45 AM
rebelbowtie

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_zj_laredo
You know you drive a zj when your buddy thinks his chevy 1500 is so much better than your zj and you tell him "how many transmissions has your truck torn through? 3. How many transfer cases have you gone through? 2. How many times has it not started on you? Countless times." And three days later you blow your transfer case and the next day after that your battery dies.
That's just good karma

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
post #10075 of 10778 Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 PM
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

When your father again reminds you that "This vehicle will be a never ending list of problems"
Recently she been lashing out. Went over a small bump today and either a connection came loose or my needle in my gauge broke. Also need to check out why my oil pressure needle goes to 40 on start then rests at 0 the rest of the time basically, occasionally coming up i think. My engine runs smooth though...My gas tank leaks a little when completely full of gas, my rear axle leaks some i think, ive got an exhaust leak & rattle.

95 zj Laredo, 249tc, 206k miles, 5.2L v8, KOR light bar, Kenwood BT555U Head unit
post #10076 of 10778 Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 AM
SchizophrenicMC
2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GCL View Post
When your father again reminds you that "This vehicle will be a never ending list of problems"
Recently she been lashing out. Went over a small bump today and either a connection came loose or my needle in my gauge broke. Also need to check out why my oil pressure needle goes to 40 on start then rests at 0 the rest of the time basically, occasionally coming up i think. My engine runs smooth though...My gas tank leaks a little when completely full of gas, my rear axle leaks some i think, ive got an exhaust leak & rattle.
That's just the oil pressure sender failing. It's really common, especially with the 4.0s.

Signature rules are dumb
post #10077 of 10778 Old 04-16-2014, 11:05 AM
davigzj

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
When you really want to go doorless for the day, but don't because nobody is around to help lift the doors on/off.
Ya u do know its 30 out lol
post #10078 of 10778 Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM
jeepmojo

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GCL View Post
I have a glasspak brand new if interested.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys a Jeep. And I ain't ever seen a sad person in a Jeep!!
post #10079 of 10778 Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 AM
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Ya u do know its 30 out lol
It was almost 80 a few days ago...
post #10080 of 10778 Old 04-16-2014, 11:21 AM
big98tnzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

It was almost 80 a few days ago...
It was 80 in ne tn a few days ago and the doors were off until it started snowing yesterday and 29 degrees last night

Sent from my tent in the woods using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in