Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#47,521 ·
Got the ok from josh to send my iron-y long arms back to IRO to exchange for the 3-link setup.

Not sure what it's going to cost me, josh said we would figure it out when they receive them.

Probly gonna be 500 bucks my luck lol

#47,522 ·
Got the ok from josh to send my iron-y long arms back to IRO to exchange for the 3-link setup.

Not sure what it's going to cost me, josh said we would figure it out when they receive them.

Probly gonna be 500 bucks my luck lol
Box weighed 94 lbs and cost 126 bucks for me. I'm near Reno.
Sent it out yesterday, it'll get there Friday.
Pack it well. He said it needs to be returned in like new condition or he'd charge.
Mine had some surface blemishes from being shipped to me the first time. I packed the hell out of it and re enforced the cardboard to send it back. Way over kill from how they were packed to ship to me.
Sent from my GRACE using Tapatalk

#47,523 ·
PolkaPower said:
Box weighed 94 lbs and cost 126 bucks for me. I'm near Reno. Sent it out yesterday, it'll get there Friday. Pack it well. He said it needs to be returned in like new condition or he'd charge. Mine had some surface blemishes from being shipped to me the first time. I packed the hell out of it and re enforced the cardboard to send it back. Way over kill from how they were packed to ship to me. Sent from my GRACE using Tapatalk
I just need to get a box for everything, gonna Saran Wrap and bubble wrap, then fill with paper and seal it. Probly add supports to the box, just depends which box is available.

Kind of feel bad returning it, gonna be tougher for them to sell the iron-y from now on. I just like the 3-link design better, and only plan on buying LAs once.

I'm east Oregon so might be a tad bit more than yours, but it's well worth it I think.

Josh also said the arms for the rear tri-4link are coming very soon, I'm thinking I might order those up, and install everything at once cause the price will probly be pretty good at first.

Not wanting to go through next winter on short arms in 2wd, but equally don't want to remove my axle and put the jeep down more than necessary. The long arms are holding me up

#47,524 ·
I just need to get a box for everything, gonna Saran Wrap and bubble wrap, then fill with paper and seal it. Probly add supports to the box, just depends which box is available.

Kind of feel bad returning it, gonna be tougher for them to sell the iron-y from now on. I just like the 3-link design better, and only plan on buying LAs once.

I'm east Oregon so might be a tad bit more than yours, but it's well worth it I think.

Josh also said the arms for the rear tri-4link are coming very soon, I'm thinking I might order those up, and install everything at once cause the price will probly be pretty good at first.

Not wanting to go through next winter on short arms in 2wd, but equally don't want to remove my axle and put the jeep down more than necessary. The long arms are holding me up
Don't feel bad lol, I wish they had mentioned it to me when I was buying but Kolak didn't know either. It would have saved me the hassle and money but it'll be worth it in the end.
Also they are going to phase out the iron y set up anyway.
I'd sell them at a discount if it was me.

#47,525 ·
PolkaPower said:
Don't feel bad lol, I wish they had mentioned it to me when I was buying but Kolak didn't know either. It would have saved me the hassle and money but it'll be worth it in the end. Also they are going to phase out the iron y set up anyway. I'd sell them at a discount if it was me. Sent from my GRACE using Tapatalk
No kidding, totally is going to be worth it. Both of us got pretty lucky at the timing of this, others (including a buddy of mine) are not so fortunate.

Pretty excited to be one of the guinea pigs for the new setups front and rear.

Bicycle part Auto part Metal Font Fashion accessory

Woot woot

#47,526 ·
No kidding, totally is going to be worth it. Both of us got pretty lucky at the timing of this, others (including a buddy of mine) are not so fortunate.

Pretty excited to be one of the guinea pigs for the new setups front and rear.

View attachment 3427665

Woot woot
Holy ****, the turn around for the new parts was fast! My return won't be there until tomorrow! Excellent...

#47,527 ·
Holy ****, the turn around for the new parts was fast! My return won't be there until tomorrow! Excellent...

Get to work! I want to see how this works out in the real world.:popCorn:

#47,529 ·
PolkaPower said:
Holy ****, the turn around for the new parts was fast! My return won't be there until tomorrow! Excellent... Sent from my GRACE using Tapatalk
I talked to josh, he wasn't sure what to do money-wise so he said we would figure that out when they get the return. I just got a hold of some boxes, probly will ship my stuff Monday.

I'm not expecting those on my doorstep on the meantime, jealous!

#47,530 ·
Spent $50 to order A Rear Main Seal, Oil Pan Gasket, and some Transmission cooler hoses on Amazon.

Might be looking into a Creeper before I do this repair. Getting to use a friend of mine's last weekend while working on another friend's car was soooooo nice.

#47,536 ·
Got the registration renewal notice in the mail, paid it online.

Guess that means I have to keep it running for another year.

#47,539 ·
#47,540 ·
I have run a set of those spacers for a year and a half with zero issues. Very good value.

GW
It's nice to have conformation. I'm still trying to put together the cash for new OME springs, Bilsteins, and adjustable CAs. I wasn't gonna worry about the spacers until I was ready to do new tires after the lift and suspension upgrade. I would've been done by now if life wouldn't keep getting in the way (and costing money):crying2:.