What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 2139 - JeepForum.com
 1865Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #32071 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 09:28 AM
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
EDIT: There's only one 24 bit DAC HU that oversamples (and it actually utilizes 2 24 bit DACs). That would be the previously mentioned 9255. It samples at 96 kHz. Most 1 bit DACs sample around 16 kHz.
if a 1 bit dac sampled to 16KHz the audio would be unusable... most (over)sample at 1.4MHz

and back to the convenience argument... if you're dropping money on a bluetooth HU chances are it also has USB... at this point might as well load up a flash drive and leave it in the car... lots of music readily available and no hit on your phone battery/no need to plug in your charger

bluetooth does have it's uses with handsfree calling through the stereo and streaming audio services (pandora/spotify/etc)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32072 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 10:04 AM
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peasants
Yeah... If you like the worst color exteriors, the most god awful interior I've ever seen on any vehicle ever, and totally unremarkable drive train options. bla bla
remember the rarity and base price of 35-40 k new and it was the quickest fastest nicest suv on the market then look at your grey cladded cloth seat no skids i-6 p.o.s. base model and cry you peasants !

at 1,600 lb tq capacity the 249 is the strongest tcase you could get combine that with a factory lsd and it is quite remarkable

also a 95 orvis dash and zj 97 orvis seats would be the best interior imnho

Quote:
Originally Posted by no woman ever
your cloth seats are so sexy and expensive looking
moss green lasts longer than all the others from what ive seen prove me wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Racist would be "******s and spics are inferior to whites, and they ain't fit to be members of normal society." That is neither something I believe, nor is it something I would say outside the context of demonstrating an example. Using a given slang to emphasize a notion is not racist. There is no claim of superiority, inferiority, or even any kind of stereotype. There is no implied connotation. It's simply the use of one kind of slang, akin to "you guys".

Racism intends to offend, and it draws comparisons, or speaks against a basis. The word, ******, is a racist term, used to incite days long past, of oppression. The word, nigga, is a colloquialism for "person" created by a generation that experienced only the tail end of that age, and is taken to nullify the power the word "******" held over that population. There's a term I'm forgetting that defines this.

The point is, all of you white folk have got your panties in a bunch because you're too afraid of being called racist, such to the point where anyone who uses language that makes you uncomfortable (for no reason, I once again add) is automatically labeled that which you're afraid of being. I'm no racist. If anything, your blanket assumption that I am, simply because I used a word from a given vernacular makes you racists. (ie the thinking is, only one sort of group can speak like that, and if I'm not in that group, it's not acceptable for me to do so- ethnic prejudice)

So bite me, Polka. Y'all niggas need to calm the hell down and quit being so offended at offhand slang.
just shut up you are embarrassing humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
What a s*** show!
indubitably

what signature
post #32073 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 12:07 PM
SchizophrenicMC
2016 JK Wrangler 

Having owned a Laredo and an Orvis, the Orvis wins every single time, in every category. More power, more speed, more comfort, more suspension height, more luxury features. Hell, even more electronic reliability, what with the 4.0l PCM and sensors failing every 6 seconds, but the 5.2ls having components that don't die immediately.

Both my Jeeps were the same moss green, because that's my favorite GC color. I also think the 3-tone leather interior is really cool, without being some tacky color like burgundy or bluish. Black and tan leather just feel stale to me.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb

post #32074 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 12:52 PM
davigzj

1997 ZJ 

Oh This Again!!...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #32075 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 12:54 PM
davigzj

1997 ZJ 

Oh auto guide I pay jerp forum to be a member n can post a pic and get stupid advertisements and no avatar AARRGGGGG

post #32076 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 01:15 PM
davigzj

1997 ZJ 

There u Go

Attached Thumbnails
1399140923936.jpg  
post #32077 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 03:44 PM
ejschultz

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post
if a 1 bit dac sampled to 16KHz the audio would be unusable... most (over)sample at 1.4MHz

and back to the convenience argument... if you're dropping money on a bluetooth HU chances are it also has USB... at this point might as well load up a flash drive and leave it in the car... lots of music readily available and no hit on your phone battery/no need to plug in your charger

bluetooth does have it's uses with handsfree calling through the stereo and streaming audio services (pandora/spotify/etc)
Maybe I'm thinking of non-audio related DACs. My studies never applied to audio equipment. What you're saying makes sense though. I agree wth your point about the HUs that offer Bluetooth as well. I doubt there are that many anymore that don't offer USB. It'd be ideal to load something up with music and just leave it in there. The only "SQ" unit I can think of with Bluetooth is the Pioneer DEH-80PRS. That one offers not only USB but also an SD slot. I'd probably load up a 64 gig SD card and keep it in there all the time. Because of bandwidth limitations, I wouldn't stream audio via Bluetooth.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Xenon flat flares, LoD front bumper, Tuff Stuff rear bumper, RH4X4 sliders, 33" STT Pros on 15x8s
post #32078 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 04:01 PM
TeamMC
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

Maybe I'm thinking of non-audio related DACs. My studies never applied to audio equipment. What you're saying makes sense though. I agree wth your point about the HUs that offer Bluetooth as well. I doubt there are that many anymore that don't offer USB. It'd be ideal to load something up with music and just leave it in there. The only "SQ" unit I can think of with Bluetooth is the Pioneer DEH-80PRS. That one offers not only USB but also an SD slot. I'd probably load up a 64 gig SD card and keep it in there all the time. Because of bandwidth limitations, I wouldn't stream audio via Bluetooth.
I have the deh-80prs in my zj. streaming music through Bluetooth it isn't actually that bad. most people can't tell a difference between Bluetooth and the USB, but I can.

Would there be a difference between a USB drive and a sd card? I've tried both and they sounded the same to me.
post #32079 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 PM
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMC View Post

I have the deh-80prs in my zj. streaming music through Bluetooth it isn't actually that bad. most people can't tell a difference between Bluetooth and the USB, but I can.

Would there be a difference between a USB drive and a sd card? I've tried both and they sounded the same to me.
No difference unless the files are encoded differently.
post #32080 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 04:59 PM
ejschultz

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, they should be pretty similar. My buddy has that HU in his Goat. He had to turn the Bluetooth off because it acted odd when he went to a 3 way setup with it.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Xenon flat flares, LoD front bumper, Tuff Stuff rear bumper, RH4X4 sliders, 33" STT Pros on 15x8s
post #32081 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 05:12 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Motor mounts are done, I never have to do them again and it'll still be too soon.

On to the oil pan, rear main, oil pump, intake, plenum, valve covers, and efan swap!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
post #32082 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 05:33 PM
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Plenty of good quality units with all the fancy new features, they're just really expensive

As far as my ZJ, I threw new spark plugs in it today.
post #32083 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 05:39 PM
ejschultz

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Plenty of good quality units with all the fancy new features, they're just really expensive

As far as my ZJ, I threw new spark plugs in it today.
I've only got a handful of hobbies: wheeling, car audio, and playing music. That makes it easier for me to justify the cost of some of the stuff, at least to myself. Justifying any of it to my wife is a little more difficult. I've recently been spending a bunch of money on my ZJ, car audio and my instruments have taken the backseat the last few years, at least as far as new equipment goes. Work has really forced everything to the backseat lately. My free time is seldom.

Kind of on topic, my new condenser came today while I was organizing my tools after I replaced my fan last weekend. I'm going to try to get it in next weekend.

post #32084 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 PM
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Well pulled out a 10' ball bush and rebar that was 6' deep thats been there for 20 some years. Didnt break anything and didnt spin a tire at all
post #32085 of 52325 Old 05-03-2014, 11:31 PM
SchizophrenicMC
2016 JK Wrangler 

I'm not enough of an audiophile to notice losses to bandwidth from bluetooth. Actually, my Kenwood receiver will outright stop playing if bandwidth drops below a fairly high threshold. My Pioneer receiver will continue to play music from my phone for about a 30 foot distance, albeit with diminishing quality for every step I take. (And every move I make; Sting will be watching me)

For me, it's just more convenient to have it on my phone. As I add more music to my collection, Google Play Music automatically beams it to my phone and my phone beams it to my radio. I hate how a USB stick breaks up the surface on the front port, and pulling the dash apart to get at the back port every time I want to add more music is inconvenient as hell. Besides, I also use my phone for navigation. When I have music playing over bluetooth, Google Navigation lowers the music volume, speaks the directions, and raises the music back up, all over the car speakers. If I was listening to USB, I'd have to have a GPS receiver or really careful listening.

I'm no audiophile, but I really like convenience. Bluetooth fits that bill perfectly.

Today while I was waiting in the drive-thru at Panda Express before work in my ZJ, I was thumbing through tracks on my phone, trying to find Corona's Rhythm of the Night but I eventually settled on Tip Taps Tip by Hali Cali. Ironically as soon as that song ended, Rhythm of the Night came on. Jam out with it. That's what I did to my ZJ today.

"Oh I can heal you of your pain
Tell you, give me love again
Round and round we go, each time I hear you say
This is the rhythm of the night"

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition

Signature rules are dumb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in