Way to temporarily power a door? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 Old 05-18-2021, 05:44 PM
GOLDWING

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95-ZJ View Post
How about this "knockoff". I know the addage ""speed costs money, how fast do you want to go" analogy but Goldwing, Is there a major difference other than price. Trying to compare and will be watching a south main auto tutorial later on the PP4 but since you seem to know your unit and have used it. Would a Amazon's best seller like this for 80 bucks do most of what the PRO level PP4 do?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LHLSBB...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk
A man who pays for quality only cries once. If you like Chinese products that's your call. I am an American, and when I can, I support products made here.

95-ZJ likes this.

"The Dude Abides"

"Your axles are going to turn into spaghetti noodles."
Polka Power 1/3/2021
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 05-18-2021, 07:34 PM
95-ZJ

1930 CJ2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDWING View Post
A man who pays for quality only cries once. If you like Chinese products that's your call. I am an American, and when I can, I support products made here.
I respect your opinion and align with it. 10-4. Roger that.

GOLDWING likes this.
post #33 of 34 Old 05-20-2021, 06:08 PM
Benthal8

1998 ZJ 

I wouldn't worry about the PP4 that much. While it's convenient to work with, the vast majority of people that are working on cars don't have one.
It seems like you have all the info you need to roll your windows up. Plus with your new FSM, you're in good shape.
That said, the one in the link you sent doesn't look very good. You could possibly look at an Autel one, but it won't have as many features.
95-ZJ likes this.

post #34 of 34 Old 05-20-2021, 11:20 PM
95-ZJ

1930 CJ2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benthal8 View Post
I wouldn't worry about the PP4 that much. While it's convenient to work with, the vast majority of people that are working on cars don't have one.

It seems like you have all the info you need to roll your windows up. Plus with your new FSM, you're in good shape.

That said, the one in the link you sent doesn't look very good. You could possibly look at an Autel one, but it won't have as many features.
Thanks for your input. Its just fine. The PP4 is no big deal. I have diagnostic probes and multimeters of various types. I been buidling, working on, modding, vehicles for about 40 years. With time I can diagnose and perform repairs on most anything.

And, You ARE right, I do have all the info I need to fix my windows. Its just more interesting to hear opinions, etc. asking for others viewpoints and getting answers to my questions.

MOST OF ALL, I like helping others when I have a chance, to share my experience and see someone take what I know and it makes their Jeep better. I call that a win.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in