Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Strange turn signal electrical problem??

611 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jeepjeep523 
#1 ·
So I've had this problem pop up once when we had subzero temps and it hasn't happened again until yesterday.

I noticed that my right turn signal indicator on the dash is slightly lit. Just enough to see that the arrow is there and looks as if it fades in. Trying to do some trouble shooting i have found that :

-only starts once either turn signal has been triggered.
-stays dimly lit until either the headlight switch is turned off, or the right signal is indicated.
-If the headlight switch has been turned off, the cycle starts again but if i stop it using the turn signal it will eventually light up on its own again.
-it stays dimly lit when the left one is flashing.

I do have a problem with my headlight switch diming the lights where the knob is (been there for about a year). the slider part is fine and stays lit all the time.
Also the left marker light has been out since... god knows when haha. all other lights work.

Any ideas of what it could be or where to start?? I hate electrical.. and it could be at least 5 different things.

I have a new headlight switch and Turn signal switch just never got around to putting them in.
I was going to order a new flasher just to keep around anyways.
Grounds are probably another thing to check.

Any ideas are greatly appreciate!!:grin2:

--1998 ZJ 4.0--

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, Just an update. I really haven't gotten to the bottom of this and the problem seems to come and go as it pleases. But i will probably end up taking the dash out this summer to fix the bulb in the Headlamp switch and AC controller.

and another problem popped up this morning, a weird knocking noise that seems to be coming from the dash area. Only on startup, and goes away after you get out of Park. The only thing i did was an oil change Saturday.. :confused: :confused:

This jeep sometimes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.