Solution for rear end sag when loaded with camping gear? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 Old 04-24-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
mrfirstbase0

Thanks for the help guys, it looks like new rear coils are in my near future.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 04-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Candymancan
Web Wheeler
1998 ZJ 

I bottomed out the rear today on my 5.9, kinda scared me. I was helping a friend with landscaping and he doesnt have a suv so i had 25 large 15-20lbs bricks on the back, then 2 3 Cubic feet top soil bags which weighed probly 50-60lbs each, and i also had 10 2x5 rolls of grass sod in the back.. I looked under and the bump stops were touching the axle.. EEEK

So i took out like 6 rolls of sod at home depot and it went up about 3 inches. Still didnt like that LOL... I measured my sag after it was all out and thankfully i was still at 18 1/2 to 19 inches from the middle of the rim to the top of the inside of the wheel well.

Do us a favor.. Measure your sag.. Get a tape measure with the trunk empty cept the spare tire, and start in the middle of the circle cap on your rim. And go up to the top of the inside of the wheel well. It should be between 18-19 inches.. Any lower and your springs are deff sagging alot.

Id also like to see a picture of the side of your Jeep, i have litterally never seen a sagging ZJ before except when its fully loaded with 700-1000lbs in the back

Tags
coils , overland , sag , shocks , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in