Seat Belt Driver Side - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
csmith32b
1997 ZJ 

Seat Belt Driver Side

My 1997 ZJ driver side seat belt no longer "grabs" or catches when pulled suddenly. I sent it away to saftey restore to have them fix it. They delivered it back saying it could not be fixed safely. I'd like to get one in I can be confident in. Have others had this issue? Is there a replacement out there other than junk yard? Left side seems to be in short supply on ebay and elsewhere and I haven't been able to locate a mopar replacement. Dealer no help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 03:42 PM
jeeepguy

1998 ZJ 

Morris 4x4

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
post #3 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 05:16 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Direct fit replacements aren’t available anymore unfortunately, aftermarket or rebuilding JY pulls is the usual path.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-17-2019, 04:50 PM
Mr. Puddles
1996 ZJ 

Garage
https://www.safetyrestore.com/content/81-seat-belt-repair-services#scroll-div

Follow the build!

2002 Dakota aka Winnie aka Mad Max
1996 Grand Cherokee aka Puddles aka Pikey Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
The 4.0 is dumb old tractor motor, itís too stupid to know itís supposed to die.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-17-2019, 04:55 PM
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Welcome to the forum.

My go to tool to start this repair is a heavy duty application of WD-40, followed by more WD-40, because Iím an American and the top two tools are that and a hammer.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-17-2019, 07:14 PM
Mr. Puddles
1996 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
Welcome to the forum.

My go to tool to start this repair is a heavy duty application of WD-40, followed by more WD-40, because Iím an American and the top two tools are that and a hammer.
What? No duct tape? Embarrassing.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Follow the build!

2002 Dakota aka Winnie aka Mad Max
1996 Grand Cherokee aka Puddles aka Pikey Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
The 4.0 is dumb old tractor motor, itís too stupid to know itís supposed to die.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-17-2019, 07:27 PM
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Number 3...

post #8 of 8 Old 08-17-2019, 07:48 PM
jeeepguy

1998 ZJ 

I was at the JY today and found a recently arrived '97 Grand Limited with the interior in pristine condition. Almost nothing is gone yet except the nose where it got smacked.. I'm going back tomorrow to get the rear seats and rear door panels. If you still need the seat belt unit, LMK and I can pull it for you. I'm in WA right now so shipping will probably be about $20 and whatever the unit costs me.

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in