rear folding seat stuck.. suggestions? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
rozco

1993 ZJ 

rear folding seat stuck.. suggestions?

anyone ever had this problem? the small side(passenger) folds down fine but just recently the larger drivers side rear seat is stuck. the backrest folds down but the seat won't budge. it might be because i have some stuff under the seat that may have blocked it? i dkn. ive been working at this thing and can't get it to fold down!! :

anyone ever had this problem and what did you do?

93' ZJ - 5.2L. 4.5" IRO lift. front long arms rear short adjustables. bilsteins. daystar bumps. 33" KM2's. rancho ss. rc quick discos. flowmaster 10 series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
booked101
1997 ZJ 

picture?

good gas mileage is highly overrated.
(J)ust(E)mpty(E)very(P)ocket
post #3 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
rozco

1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by booked101
picture?
Of what? The seat? It's pretty straight forward.. The part you sit on is stuck and won't fold up

93' ZJ - 5.2L. 4.5" IRO lift. front long arms rear short adjustables. bilsteins. daystar bumps. 33" KM2's. rancho ss. rc quick discos. flowmaster 10 series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
booked101
1997 ZJ 

Can you see the hinges? Is one of the bars not sitting straight on the hinge?

good gas mileage is highly overrated.
(J)ust(E)mpty(E)very(P)ocket
post #5 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
rozco

1993 ZJ 

I found the problem. Jumper cable stuck under and around the back hinges. I had to unbolt as much of the seat as possible and use a floor jack to push up the seat to get this angle. No matter what I try it's not coming out...

image-3675768759.jpg

post #6 of 8 Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
rozco

1993 ZJ 

I got it out. I pried the seat up by that hinge lock thing. Eventually the seat popped up and now all I have to do is put it all back together

post #7 of 8 Old 06-21-2021, 09:43 AM
Tharr3

Jeep Fan

2015 Jeep Cherokee Left Side Rear Seat Won't Fold Down;

After trying multiple times pulling the release handle very hard, so hard that I thought I would break the pull handle. It's very difficult to see the seat fold down mechanism. So I looked at the functional right rear seat release mechanism and noticed that there is a wire connection with round metal end that seats in a plastic bracket.

I went back to left rear seat and with a pair of needle nose pliers pull the release wire which released the seat to the down position. The wire pull was disconnected from the pull handle, now with the seat in the down position I was now able to reconnect the small metal end to the plastic bracket, the seat works perfectly with that fix.

Save yourself an expensive service repair cost with this simple five minute DIY fix.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-21-2021, 12:37 PM
wingless

1994 ZJ 

@Tharr3 welcome to the forum.

Good observation, but this is the ZJ forum.

Why not add this to the WK2 forum that covers that year Grand Cherokee or to the KL forum that covers that year Cherokee.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in