Rear door speakers . - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-27-2021, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
Rear door speakers .

my 95 ZJ has a aftermarket radio in it . Not sure if it still goes through the amp UNDER THE REAR SEAT.
bUT I DO KNOW ALL MY REAR SPEAKERS JUST POP POP POP .
so Are they just 6 inch round speakers. It I'm just wanting radio . & Not special sound .
FOR CHEAPER Can I just put in a pair of 4 inch speaker & Solder a couple of short wire in place & have tunes .. I can get 4inch walmart speakers for about 25.00
.... But only 6 inch I've found & I'm not sure they'd be correct . Their about 75.00.
......... i'VE GOT 4IN GRAFTED INTO MY OTHER 95 6 CYL .. IT SEEMS OK .
.. bUT WHERE CAN I get some cheaper 6 inch speakers .

.........Or what should i do .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-28-2021, 04:53 AM
yjsaabman
1930 CJ2 

I picked up a pair of cheap 6.5" speakers for the front doors of my '94 at my local Advance Auto for around $30. They aren't name brand, or anything fancy, but they work just fine and have decent sound quality. I'm sure Amazon and Ebay are full of cheap options for 6.5" speakers, as well. Just checked the Advance website, currently showing Dual brand aftermarket 6.5" speakers for $39.99.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 10-28-2021, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
SO I though mine measures 6 inch . But your saying 6.5 inch. & I saw some more at a different walmart today . they had 6.5 in stock. & they were about the price your quoting.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-29-2021, 04:42 AM
yjsaabman
1930 CJ2 

Yeah, there are some standard sizes when it comes to automotive speakers, 4", 5.25", and 6.5". The 6.5" generic aftermarket ones won't be a direct fit, meaning you'll need to cut the plug and crimp on new ends, and maybe make some new screw holes. They will fit (and sound) a whole lot better than a 4" speaker, though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 10-29-2021, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
Hey thanks for that answer . YJSAABMAN ..
& I really appreciate that part of your answer those 6.5 will sound mush better than those 4 inch ones.
That's the answer I needed . As I put in some 4in into my other 95 it's a 6 cyl, But this V8 I DO BELIEVE I'LL PUT in some of the 6.5's. I REALLY THOUGHT THEY WERE 6 Inches speakers but if their 6.5 then so be it . I'll add the 6.5's & if they'll sound better That's perfect . . I DON'T REALLY HAVE TO HAVE PERFECT SOUND AS I DID MANY YEARS AGO .. BUT I LIKE TO think I'm still a very cool old Grand Pa. . After all I'm cruising in a 1972 Bronco Half Cab with a 4 BT IN IT. & I Have 2 95 ZJ's one a 6 cyl. & Newest one is a ORVIS V8 mossy green . I'm Just getting Private RYAN going now .. As when I got it the Rats or SQUIRRELS had had a field day in it. .. Private Ryan is the same story as years ago .. This lady's SON Went to Afghanistan. & Didn't come home . .I bought it off his mother for $300.00 & Now 3 years later It's running again . & I'm hoping I've got all the squirrel damage fixed . As I'm down to working on .. Not so Important thing like the sound of the radios .. But I've been into town in it everyday now for at least a full month with no issue. .
PRIVATE RYAN is becoming my Hero machine .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in