Radiator wrong tranny oil flow? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
ZblackliZard

1993 ZJ 

Garage
Well now I feel dumb, Just found out my ZJ already has an auxiliary tranny radiator, Part of the tow package i guess?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
ZblackliZard

1993 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoJeeper View Post
The in radiator tank transmission cooler is on the cool side of the radiator. The engine coolant temperature gauge sensor is on the hot side of the radiator. The coolant on the cool side of the radiator goes to the water pump to be pumped through the engine. That is what cools the engine. So the transmission fluid is deliberately put in the cool side of the radiator.

Like Timo says, a thermostat bypass between the transmission and the cooler(s) at the front of the vehicle is the best solution. And like those braided lines and AN fittings.

It will help us help you if you include your Jeep's year, engine, and other particulars in your profile. Also location. If you don't want to be specific on your location, you can include your state, province, or country if it is a smaller country.
I already have my ZJ's info in my garage except if i did it wrong?
anyway it's a 93 V8 5.2
post #18 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 10:49 PM
AlamoJeeper

1995 ZJ 

On your "User CP" page (User Control Panel), your location goes in the page linked by the "Edit Your Details" link on the upper left side and your Jeep's data goes in the page linked by the "Edit Your Jeep Information" link just below the "Edit Your Details" link.

For location, you can just give your country if you wish. But the more you narrow down the location, the better we can evaluate any effects of your climate.

And don't worry, we all started out not knowing anything about our Jeeps. I'm still asking questions all the time as I get into new systems.
Timo_90xj likes this.

AlamoJeeper
- 1995 4.0L NP249 - mostly stock
- Link to rehabbing my 1995 ZJ.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 19 Old 03-18-2020, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
ZblackliZard

1993 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoJeeper View Post
On your "User CP" page (User Control Panel), your location goes in the page linked by the "Edit Your Details" link on the upper left side and your Jeep's data goes in the page linked by the "Edit Your Jeep Information" link just below the "Edit Your Details" link.

For location, you can just give your country if you wish. But the more you narrow down the location, the better we can evaluate any effects of your climate.

And don't worry, we all started out not knowing anything about our Jeeps. I'm still asking questions all the time as I get into new systems.
Done and Done Thanks!
Timo_90xj likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in