Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Need Window not working help.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  95-ZJ 
#1 ·
hi, id prefer to see what you guys think , before i start tearing into the old brittle plastics and breaking stuff ( even being really careful )
im right hand drive

my rear left window does not work at all
my other three windows work fine.
if i use the rear right window there is a click in the drivers door (right)
when i try the rear left it clicks in the front left door.

should the rear windows make the corresponding front doors 'click' ?
if so my problem should be at the rear left window that is not responding .
and ill get in there.
thanks !

#2 ·
Good chance, rear window needs motor. Or not?

As an arm chair mechanic, ill give your issue a whirl. Its ok to agree or disagree.

Ill use the tackful approach. Here goes...

If you haven't already or dont know, check deepjeepdotcom, for used jeep used parts that work.

Customer service and great prices, YMMV, or buy a new window motor online or at the big box store.

Switch could be bad too. Check with a multimeter.

If you dont know how to use a multimeter, youll need to learn ohms, voltage and resistance.

If you have a manual, follow it. If you dont, check dave graham online and get a oem service manual and follow directions.

Im not trying to assume you do or dont know what to do or whats next so, im trying to be direct but kind.

Gentle and hand holding thru the process is not always me, depending on mood and day. YMMV

Other options

Trace wires next if you are willing to deep dive into electrical. Otherwise, listen to any others and take all online advice with a grain, or two, of patience and then roll up your sleeves, as jeep wiring is fickle and can work your nerves.

Ive had a interesting day myself but thought I'd give my nickel plug.

I hope Ive helped, at least a little. Thumbs up if my time and trying to type this out gets you anywhere.

Good luck and God's speed [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Good chance, rear window needs motor. Or not?

As an arm chair mechanic, ill give your issue a whirl. Its ok to agree or disagree.

Ill use the tackful approach. Here goes...

If you haven't already or dont know, check deepjeepdotcom, for used jeep used parts that work.

Customer service and great prices, YMMV, or buy a new window motor online or at the big box store.

Switch could be bad too. Check with a multimeter.

If you dont know how to use a multimeter, youll need to learn ohms, voltage and resistance.

If you have a manual, follow it. If you dont, check dave graham online and get a oem service manual and follow directions.

Im not trying to assume you do or dont know what to do or whats next so, im trying to be direct but kind.

Gentle and hand holding thru the process is not always me, depending on mood and day. YMMV

Other options

Trace wires next if you are willing to deep dive into electrical. Otherwise, listen to any others and take all online advice with a grain, or two, of patience and then roll up your sleeves, as jeep wiring is fickle and can work your nerves.

Ive had a interesting day myself but thought I'd give my nickel plug.

I hope Ive helped, at least a little. Thumbs up if my time and trying to type this out gets you anywhere.

Good luck and God's speed [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk
You might include that resistance is measured in ohms and that current is an important part of Ohms law in your gentle hand holding session.:smile2:

Reactions: 95-ZJ
#5 ·
haha that was an awesome reply ! made me smile and i appreciate the effort . yes i can test using my multimeter . it was the different front doors clicking relative to the back ones that made me wonder what sort of emense wiring job they did lol . ive ordered a second hand motor, ill test before fitting . hopefully thats it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.