Need upper rear coil spring isolators - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By StPaul59
  • 1 Post By GChief

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-02-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Jstaff

Need upper rear coil spring isolators

I spoke with a parts guy at a dealership and he said that Mopar no longer supplies the "spring bushings" for '98 GC's. He used the VIN number when he checked for the parts. I learned that the two rear isolators/bushings are different from side to side. The left being pn 52088379 and the right side being pn 52088398.

I found one for the right side but it's really just the left that's needed for now.

What aftermarket isolators are people using? Without fitment issues?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-03-2019, 02:07 AM
Kolak
Vendor

The 52088398 will work just fine for both sides. I sell them all the time and never see any issues.

No one in the aftermarket ever duplicated the shape of the genuine Mopar rear isolators.

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-03-2019, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Jstaff

That's good news, I be contacting you.

post #4 of 10 Old 11-17-2019, 04:23 AM
Br4dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
The 52088398 will work just fine for both sides. I sell them all the time and never see any issues.

No one in the aftermarket ever duplicated the shape of the genuine Mopar rear isolators.
I can't find anywhere online that sells rear coil spring insulators. I have a 95 zj. Where do you sell them? I'm located in Canada
post #5 of 10 Old 11-17-2019, 11:07 AM
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Email Kolak. His info is in his signature.
Kolak likes this.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-17-2019, 11:47 AM
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Double post
post #7 of 10 Old 11-17-2019, 01:04 PM
Kolak
Vendor

I'm happy to ship them to Canada. You can PM me here on the forum or email me at [email protected] and we'll chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br4dley View Post
I can't find anywhere online that sells rear coil spring insulators. I have a 95 zj. Where do you sell them? I'm located in Canada

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

or
post #8 of 10 Old 11-17-2019, 08:56 PM
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

I tried to chop some Moog fronts with a grinder to fit the rear.. Never again. Damn near lost an eye lol. They got steel in them, found out the hard way. Ordered some from kolak.
post #9 of 10 Old 11-20-2019, 02:12 AM
Br4dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaul59 View Post
Quote:

I tried to chop some Moog fronts with a grinder to fit the rear.. Never again. Damn near lost an eye lol. They got steel in them, found out the hard way.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/JeepForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG] Ordered some from kolak.

LOL yeah my rears are worn to the steel I have fronts I thought about trying the same but the hole is a lot smaller in the rear too. Thats why I don't understand how websites are selling aftermarket for front or rear when the shape and hole diameter is different! In fact the two I had on my zj were two different ones, but both had a Chrysler logo. One on the driver's side had a stopper/groove for the top of the spring kind of like the bottom where is sits into the grooves on the axle. And the passenger side was just plain d shape.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-20-2019, 07:03 AM
GChief

1995 ZJ 

Garage
Buy from Kolak! My suspension (95 ZJ) including insulators from him have many happy offload miles this year.
Kolak likes this.

Thanks Rob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in