Need answer for front driveline - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
xlr857

Need answer for front driveline

Ordered rc 4" x-series kit, and my 33" tires yesterday ive been reading on replacing the crappy cv front driveshaft. Should i just wait to see if i have vibrations or issues. Im not real confident on getting the pinion nut torqued right. Is there any straight bolt on options. i have 96 GC limited. On my research i thought if you had adjustable arms you wouldnt have vibrations due to being able to adjust the angles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-19-2011, 04:12 PM
mrfister11

yes there is an alternative without changing yoke.. my 95 had a chrysler driveshaft with the flange like the cv style on it. boy was it beefy.. but my 96 i lifted 6.5 didnt have a vibration. no tc drop either.. also i adjusted my control arms to make the pinion angle stock so the angel was also kinda bad.. but it did rip apart first ditch i went through because it was seperated too far.. so that could be an option for you.. i would sell you the one i have cheap but its for 95 so its a little longer because i just tried to put it in my 96. also do not adjust your pinion angle to help the driveshaft as you will jack with the caster and also the steering angle and the track bar and the spring.. but since you are only 4 inches idk.. i would try the option with that big round flange if you dont want to replace yoke.. one more thing the 95 had the cv style till my girlfriend ripped it to pieces.. so thats what the dealership put in it
post #3 of 3 Old 04-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Erbo1Kanerbo

2008 JK Wrangler 

two options: 1) get a Flange adapter which will have a ujoint at the axle end and then you get a new driveshaft with ujoints at both ends or 2) go to a junkyard and find an xj or zj with ujoint at the axle end take that and the driveshaft. I dont know what year your jeep is so i cant help you with what year jeeps to take the yoke and driveshaft from but thats what i did. I have a 3.5" lift and my cv driveshaft started to bind up so i went to the junkyard pulled the yoke and driveshaft and wala

Edit: i see you have a 96, take a driveshaft and yoke out of a 96+zj for a direct swap im not sure about xjs you may need to modify driveshaft from them but you can take their yoke for sure

ZJ Build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in