my ZJ w/photos ~ build sheet ~ and progress... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 114 Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

radio is on the way ----> woot, woot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 114 Old 07-19-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

and here it is installed....

now will need to check the wires, between the car and the door, where they tend to break.... speaker/window in back doesn't work all the time, door unlock button for passenger door don't work either so assume wires are breaking again.... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

and speakers will be coming sooner then later, the HU for sure has a big kick and def. new speakers will be something of a must addition soon!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 114 Old 07-19-2014, 01:39 PM
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_jeep View Post
and here it is installed....

now will need to check the wires, between the car and the door, where they tend to break.... speaker/window in back doesn't work all the time, door unlock button for passenger door don't work either so assume wires are breaking again.... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

and speakers will be coming sooner then later, the HU for sure has a big kick and def. new speakers will be something of a must addition soon!!!!
Oh how I don't miss that ugly fake wood bezel. I painted mine black in the spring. Looks 200% better IMO. Radio looks nice. Got a subwoofer? Or a new speaker amp?

Just trying to keep her goin'!!

post #94 of 114 Old 07-19-2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
Oh how I don't miss that ugly fake wood bezel. I painted mine black in the spring. Looks 200% better IMO. Radio looks nice. Got a subwoofer? Or a new speaker amp?
if you still have yours, can you post up a pic of how that looks? don't really bother me how it looks but hmmmm..... interesting

thanks, radio sounds great but speakers need to get replaced for sure.

no subwoofer and no new amp, using the factory infinity amp for now, amps are pretty pricy so if anything will be something i consider after the speakers get replaced.

big job in front of me as i'll have to get into the wires, between the cage and door, and see which wires are bad, need to fix all that before as well, so when i get new speakers i can actually enjoy them....

post #95 of 114 Old 07-19-2014, 11:27 PM
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:

if you still have yours, can you post up a pic of how that looks? don't really bother me how it looks but hmmmm..... interesting

big job in front of me as i'll have to get into the wires, between the cage and door, and see which wires are bad, need to fix all that before as well, so when i get new speakers i can actually enjoy them....
Will try to remember to snap that pic! Easy to do, just sand it very well and rattle can it.

My door wires suck too. But they all work (as of now). Some of them I think have been replaced already? They don't match factory colors. But whom ever did it surely didn't leave enough slack for the door motion. If you find an easy way to replace them please do share.

Just trying to keep her goin'!!
post #96 of 114 Old 07-19-2014, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
Will try to remember to snap that pic! Easy to do, just sand it very well and rattle can it.

My door wires suck too. But they all work (as of now). Some of them I think have been replaced already? They don't match factory colors. But whom ever did it surely didn't leave enough slack for the door motion. If you find an easy way to replace them please do share.
pretty sure there is no easy way but i have fixed 2 wires in there before, it was a temp fix so probably will need to spend the time and do it right this time, or it might be new wires breaking, will need to check.... btw, saw some video on youtube, maybe it will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diW-NPz0-60

post #97 of 114 Old 07-25-2014, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

this is what i did last weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ocidLREI14

ummmmm, can't embed video here? wtf???

post #98 of 114 Old 07-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Shanebear
1994 ZJ 

I took the door off and crimped together the broken wires. Everything working again after
post #99 of 114 Old 07-25-2014, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanebear View Post
I took the door off and crimped together the broken wires. Everything working again after
did you have to take the whole door of the frame? and yeah, i'm making that a project at some point, most likely when i am about to replace the speakers.

post #100 of 114 Old 07-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Shanebear
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

did you have to take the whole door of the frame? and yeah, i'm making that a project at some point, most likely when i am about to replace the speakers.
Yup. You can pull the wire harness off of the door so it can be taken off. SO much more room to work on repairing the wires with it off. Took about an hour with help from the girlfriend
post #101 of 114 Old 08-01-2014, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Yup. You can pull the wire harness off of the door so it can be taken off. SO much more room to work on repairing the wires with it off. Took about an hour with help from the girlfriend
thanks for the info....

post #102 of 114 Old 09-17-2014, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

have a new alternator now hopefully all else stays working and functional for some time, no blekiiieee plesseeee

post #103 of 114 Old 10-20-2014, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

failed my smog test here in socal will be doing some maintenance on the jeep this coming weekend to see if i can correct some of the stuff myself, then get to do the re-test... hopefully it will pass this time around

was told that spark plugs and spark plugs wires should take me over to the PASS side, it was way close on one of the tests that the jeep failed... we shall see...

post #104 of 114 Old 10-22-2014, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
kali_jeep
1995 ZJ 

well, got a new battery today... and have the spark plugs and wires which will be getting replaced on Saturday... then hopefully SMOG test will go good!!!!

post #105 of 114 Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 PM
xcaliber81

2004 WJ 

Quote:
That harness is a PITA to get out btw and the passenger side is worse if you want that harness completely out.

How do you like the kenwood? I recently bought an alpine CDE-145BT and im very happy with it it completely changed the way my stereo sounded.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in