JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   My 5.2 Build Thread (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/my-5-2-build-thread-1512870/)

Myusername1674 08-08-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 (Post 15762663)
She's lifted!:2thumbsup: 2" BB! Also plasti-dipped the rims! Looks awesome! Ran into trouble with the rear spring retaining post extensions so I left them off, hopefully I'll be ok with out them. I was going to use exhaust pipe to extend it but had sizing issues. Anyone know if I can buy IRO's extensions and put them on WITHOUT removing the spring?

Looks good man! I find it funny, both of our Jeeps looked so similar to begin with, and we've both done similar things to them. :highfive:

Just for comparision here's mine right when i'd bb-d it.
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...4/DSC_0334.jpg

Sucks about that shock though, you might check the classifieds on here possibly, you might find an extra one somewhere.

ZJNewbi3 08-09-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myusername1674 (Post 15773859)

Looks good man! I find it funny, both of our Jeeps looked so similar to begin with, and we've both done similar things to them. :highfive:

Sucks about that shock though, you might check the classifieds on here possibly, you might find an extra one somewhere.

Thanks dude! I found that Summit Racing sold single shocks, but only for a 3.5" height. Guess I need to turn to part #s now. Going to give RE a call bout tht tomorrow. Unless I can run a 3.5" shock with a 2" lift?

CGlaser 08-09-2013 12:44 AM

Nice build. Got a lot done on it already.

moparlover1992 08-09-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 (Post 15773903)

Thanks dude! I found that Summit Racing sold single shocks, but only for a 3.5" height. Guess I need to turn to part #s now. Going to give RE a call bout tht tomorrow. Unless I can run a 3.5" shock with a 2" lift?

If you Google the part number I recall one of the well known four wheel drive websites sold them individually.

ZJNewbi3 08-09-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparlover1992 (Post 15774139)
If you Google the part number I recall one of the well known four wheel drive websites sold them individually.

Called RE to get number, googled around, found that the shock was sold on Amazon for $52 then I activated my free trial of Prime to hopefully get it here faster. Now to install the shock and remember to de-activate Prime!

Anyone know why it blew out so fast? Its the weirdest thing to me...There is and tan-ish oil coming out, it makes a squish sound, but when you "bounce" it, it acts normal, and drives fine.

ZJNewbi3 08-29-2013 12:16 PM

Replaced the rear main seal and oil pan gasket along with replaced the faulty shock. Now facing a intermediate no crank no start problem. Its probably a bad ground somewhere, hopefully. Otherwise college sucked my money. Now I have to save, spend less on the Jeep (like that's possible). Looking at transferring to a technical college to take electrician courses and then start my apprenticeship when I'm done. It's cheaper and more promising. Kissing my Computer Engineer dreams goodbye. :wave:

ZJNewbi3 10-06-2013 05:36 PM

Fixed the random no start, brand new starter in. Along with all 8 control arms and new front swaybar bushings. I also developed a weird tranny leak.

There's fluid on the pan, sometimes a little puddle, but the fluid level hasn't dropped significantly within a week period.

ZJNewbi3 10-07-2013 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Re-wired my sub woofer amp more efficiently today. Thinking about when I'm going to get time to fix my tranny leak, how I am going to get money for extended sway bar links, and other things that I would like to do. All in all, its running well! Did a little backyard flexing the other day. Didn't max it out but still had fun with it. Going to play around more when the parents leave on vacation :2thumbsup:

ZJNewbi3 10-20-2013 03:20 PM

Put on new quick-disconnect battery terminals today. Also shined up and de-yellowed my head lights! Surprisingly ran into some extra money from selling my iTouch, getting more hours at work, and eating a lot of left overs. Might buy a pair of 100w KC fogs to replace the factory fogs. Decided to leave the sway links until I absolutely need them replaced. Also confirmed my tranny pan leak today, went under with a torque wrench set to 12.5ft-lbs and found that all bolts "clicked" right away. Probably over tightened them the first time. HOPEFULLY a new seal and correct steps will result in no more leaking. Also in the market for new and cheap rims...the PO neglect of mine lead to them leaking :( Need stock size since my tires are still brand new and I don't want to sell them, loose the warranty, and make my parents mad!

Scopez 10-20-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3
Put on new quick-disconnect battery terminals today. Also shined up and de-yellowed my head lights! Surprisingly ran into some extra money from selling my iTouch, getting more hours at work, and eating a lot of left overs. Might buy a pair of 100w KC fogs to replace the factory fogs. Decided to leave the sway links until I absolutely need them replaced. Also confirmed my tranny pan leak today, went under with a torque wrench set to 12.5ft-lbs and found that all bolts "clicked" right away. Probably over tightened them the first time. HOPEFULLY a new seal and correct steps will result in no more leaking. Also in the market for new and cheap rims...the PO neglect of mine lead to them leaking :( Need stock size since my tires are still brand new and I don't want to sell them, loose the warranty, and make my parents mad!

Every kind of battery terminals I buy locally, give out within 3 months.

ZJNewbi3 10-20-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scopez (Post 17000834)

Every kind of battery terminals I buy locally, give out within 3 months.

:o I bought some brand at advanced auto. They were quick release, and have a colored (epoxy?) coating over them, I also sprayed them with dielectric grease. Hopefully that's not the case with these. I was running the stock ones still and they were TRASHED.

Scopez 10-21-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

:o I bought some brand at advanced auto. They were quick release, and have a colored (epoxy?) coating over them, I also sprayed them with dielectric grease. Hopefully that's not the case with these. I was running the stock ones still and they were TRASHED.

I bought a marine, gold plated one from there, the screw snapped in half as I was tightening it. I've had the red and black top post ones crack. They don't hold up if you disconnect a lot, so maybe you're in the clear with quick disconnects.

ZJNewbi3 10-21-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scopez (Post 17011882)

I bought a marine, gold plated one from there, the screw snapped in half as I was tightening it. I've had the red and black top post ones crack. They don't hold up if you disconnect a lot, so maybe you're in the clear with quick disconnects.

*crosses fingers* I don't even disconnect my battery much to begin with I was just getting tired if those dang square bolts!

Scopez 10-21-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

*crosses fingers* I don't even disconnect my battery much to begin with I was just getting tired if those dang square bolts!

I need to find a good crimper so I can put lugs on all my ends. Any suggestions? Or were you able to just leave the wire exposed and screw it down tight?

JeepNicholson 10-21-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scopez (Post 17022122)
I need to find a good crimper so I can put lugs on all my ends. Any suggestions? Or were you able to just leave the wire exposed and screw it down tight?

I used solder to put my lugs on. Actually the lugs came with solder already in them, or you can get solder pellets. Just torch n go.

The time now is 10:06 AM.