Master Switch Issue Driver Door - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-20-2020, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
greers85

Master Switch Issue Driver Door

Need Help Trouble Shooting a Switch Issue.

I have removed this switch in the past when working on the door. I had been having minor issues with it not controlling any locks or windows at all. However each individual door works fine, my question come in at the connections itself.

I am seeing 3 connections on the back but only two wires in the door harness itself. Is this third connection an extra for the adaptation to another model or is there a chance that i have lost a pigtail at some point? I have verified that i do not have any wire breaks in the harness between the door and the body so it has to be a bad switch unless i am missing a wire. I am having some difficulties finding any photos of the connections. Any help would be appreciated.

Also my horn honks continually when the fuse is in. Could these issues be related?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-20-2020, 11:33 AM
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Welcome to the forum.

The power window / locks problem sounds like broken door jamb wiring.

This topic shows my door jamb wiring repair.

The horn problem sound unrelated, maybe a stuck horn button or (much less likely) a short circuit in the wiring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-20-2020, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
greers85

Those Pictures are great! I will make a second pass inside that boot. I had it peeled back from the body as well as the door yesterday and did not see nor feel any breaks, thank you again for the information.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in