Jeep 46RH transmission seems to neutralize - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 Old 04-14-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
roger200x

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
There was a short lived TSB to add a check valve.

The vehicle was built w/o a check valve. It should not have one installed.

When I rebuilt my transmission I used garden hose water and Simple Green to clean my hoses and coolers. Followed by compressed air to dry.

Back and forth with that cleaning ensured no check valve present.
EVERYTHING I have read states the one line had a check ball in it including the factory service manual and mine has it. The new lines I just ordered from Advance Auto also have the check valve in it - its in where the rubber meets the metal and it screws together. There were 2 different lines available with different bends and the front line on the trans had a female threaded nut on it instead of the quick disconnect - I have no idea about that line as mine has 2 quick disconnects.

I also found out that the one line is broke off in the connector so I had to order new lines - lol.... so I still dont know if this trans works or not. Also noticed that the intake is leaking coolant out the back of the motor - that explains my idle problems - intake manifold gaskets....

Ill keep this updated... hopefully next weekend I will have the new CPS, transmission cooler lines and manifold gaskets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 04-20-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
roger200x

Well, so much for an easy rebuild. Got it all together today with new tranny lines, speed sensor and new crank sensor.... It has reverse and 2nd gear but thats about it. It seemed to have first when I first started it but when I manually select 1st it slips and doesnt pull. there is no 2-3 shift when in drive. It just seems to have 2nd and reverse... any ideas?
post #33 of 33 Old 04-28-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
roger200x

Pulled the trans out and disassemled. Found the accumulator piston had a broken small sealing ring - also missing the smaller inside spring (must have thought it was a spring i had replaced in the valve body and thats on me).

The front clutch pack welded itslef together... all fibers and steels are one solid piece -Welded the fibers to the metals.

The rear band is burned bad and has almost zero friction material left.

Thats all I found... everthing else is in good shape

Tags
46rh , tranny , transmission , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in