Hit and run - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

Hit and run

As my life usually works I was hit in the driverside front fender by a hit and run this morning, while I was trying to relax and go redfishing before the hurricane got here. Fender, header panel, headlight, turnsignal, bumper,bumper mounting bracket,and most likely the radiator side panel. Don't think it got into the frame rail but I could be wrong.

Really,really bummed right now. Will start yanking stuff off in the morning so I can see damage better but I think I will leave some stuff on till the storm passes cause its still driveable in the daytime anyways. This sucks.

Info on projects and repairs categorized by system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by HighLonesome
lol...if life is as a simple as a 5.9 making you happy, I'd say go ahead and buy it on impulse. ZJs are the way of Zen. Wax on, wax off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 AM
melk
1996 ZJ 

Sorry to hear it!

Will insurance cover anything?

also you know the drill, pics!
post #3 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

No,I just had the basic stuff. When you have a 168 unit apt complex to hurricane prepare...really could do without this. I knew it would be awhile before I had anymore downtime hence the fishing trip.

012.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol...if life is as a simple as a 5.9 making you happy, I'd say go ahead and buy it on impulse. ZJs are the way of Zen. Wax on, wax off

post #4 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

Got a niner hood in storage so thats covered. As much as it pushed the hood over it probaly screwed the hinges as well. The hood is pinned in a overlap fashion by the fender so I have to get the fender pried back just to free the hood.

post #5 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

Dude ran the redlight.

post #6 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

I swerved enough to keep it out off the front of the jeep I just couldn't stop my forward motion enough. His pickup got it in the bed area I think. It happened so fast and he or she hauled a** right on. I.m gonna check car-part.com to see if there is a local white fender.

post #7 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 06:50 AM
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Ouch! That's a mess.
post #8 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

yep.

post #9 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 07:35 AM
timmay5309

1998 ZJ 

Bummer Coralman, it sucks that people are ****heads! Any chance there were cameras at the intersection and you could contact the city for the footage?? Most businesses nearby may have cameras that point to the parking lot and sometimes cover the street area.
post #10 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 09:01 AM
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Sorry friend, I would be pissed, not bummed. It was probably a drunk or criminal that knew they would go to jail if they stopped.

post #11 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

No cams. Meeting the paint and body dude near my house alittle later. It got into the inner fender liner a bit,thats not good.

post #12 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

Thanks Zee,lol,I almost cried.

post #13 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM
newfieZJ

1995 ZJ 

Not sure if a hit and run falls under 'stupid things people do' or 'things stupid people do'

I got hit yrs ago , dumb tit , left his front licence plate . He didn't get far since 2-3 ppl chased him down till the cops caught up , but , I had his plate . I was lucky and everything was cover under goverment insurance in Vancouver . Coward was no where to be found after that , probably went back to Afganistan to hide in the hills .

I can't believe you didn't have your standard American issue AK-47 with you to shoot him as he drove off , J/K !!

Sux to hear of your news Coralman , hopefully a fellow jeeper close by with spare parts can help you out if needed .
post #14 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

Frank, the body guy runs a little shop on the side to his regular job. Its close to the house so at least if it can be fixed I can check on it without driving across town. The bumper is cracked on the top surface so I think it can be reused along with the absorber. No need to get another laredo bumper when the original plan was to put limited stuff anyways. If he can get it to a point where I can bolt stuff back on I can do alot myself. That inner liner has me worried though.

post #15 of 47 Old 08-25-2012, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

Thanks newfie. As soon as franks calls me as to when he will be at the shop the sooner I will know. The dealer parts as to header panel,facia to fender brackett,and radiator side panel are reasonable enough. The fender should be able to get locally[maybe a white one],and a used light set up cause I was going to update all that anyways. A pair of hinges used. Kikers used to give me really good prices but the old man retired and his son took over and that was the end of that. Will check out the other yard today if I can.

But I have to fire off my generator and get an air mattress,hurricane blah blah blah.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in