getting the doors off - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Unlimited77

Dont threaten me pal, I can post my opinion however I see fit. There was no belligerence on my part.

Im not the one being hateful. What other vehicles do you see on the road with their doors off besides a wrangler? From what I have read it seems pretty hard to get the doors of a grand off. why do you think that is? gee maybe because its not supposed to be done perhaps??

I happen to OWN a 2001 Silver Cherokee Sport AND a wrangler. I so I'm not slamming anyone's vehicle now am I?

I simply made a comment that if you want a Wrangler, buy one. If taking the doors off is so hard maybe you shouldn't? (a conclusion the original poster came to on his own by the way.)

"There is only one jeep" was referring to the versatility of the wrangler. meaning the doors come off with ease as well as the top etc.

Dont threaten me and dont pick fights. Just because you cant read tone in text doesn't make me "hateful."

And as for the original posters question: IMO I wouldn't bother taking the doors off. Its not easy enough to be worth the trouble.

Out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Animal Mother

do you just go around looking for fights? ive seen this happen in multiple threads now. chill out or get the f' out.

Last edited by Animal Mother; 10-05-2005 at 07:21 PM.
post #18 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 06:21 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited77
And as for the original posters question: IMO I wouldn't bother taking the doors off. Its not easy enough to be worth the trouble.

Out.
Now wouldn't that have been easier to say in the first place? I guarentee you wouldn't have gotten the reaction you did.

No threats here, you used profanity and when I provided usefull information about your posts, I'm the bad guy. Being a newbie with less than 50 posts I just thought maybe you didn't know the rules for posting here. You obviously have anger issues and no one here is interested that, if you have something productive to say then we are happy to hear it, if not your wasting our time.

I've been just about as nice as I know how to be, all I'm saying is don't be suprised if you find yourself locked out of this forum.

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)

post #19 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 PM
ZJ_COWBOY

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
From what I have read it seems pretty hard to get the doors of a grand off. why do you think that is? gee maybe because its not supposed to be done perhaps??

4 bolts and a quick disconect wire harness sounds pretty easy to me. Unlike your XJ were the wiring harness is one peice and would have to be spliced to take a door off. We take doors off for fun, utility (trail visablity), and well just cuz we can. Now if your done making your point go visit the XJ forum, your attitude will be much loved over there. Have a nice day and GOD bless.

One more point, A Jeep Wrangler can carry just as many prople as a ZJ or XJ but they lack the room to carry supplies such as chains, come-alongs, food, first aid, and the ever so important grocies. So what has more ulitity?

RIP 93' ZJ
RIP 98' Dodge Neon

2001 Neon getting 30 MPG w00t!
94 ZJ $200 Project.
post #20 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 06:27 PM
ZJ_COWBOY

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother
i smell another mmmeat.. Does anyone know how and where to mount mirrors without the doors? Its so hot here over the summer id love to be doorless.
I would get the mirrors for the wranglers that bolt on to the body insted of the door. Like these:http://www.jeep4x4center.com/cj5/mirror2.jpg

RIP 93' ZJ
RIP 98' Dodge Neon

94 ZJ $200 Project.
post #21 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Heres a no brainer! - BuY A WRANGLER!
"There's only One Jeep!" (And it aint a cherokee)
Quote:
... "There is only one jeep" was referring to the versatility of the wrangler. meaning the doors come off with ease as well as the top etc. ...
Funny, I don't see much correlation between your first and second comment. I would love to see how " (And it aint a cherokee) " = "the versatility of the wrangler. meaning the doors come off with ease as well as the top etc."

So just because it is not fast and easy it is impractical or a bad idea? Would you consider lifting and jeep fast and easy? What about upgrading an axle to a stonger one? But most of us do it anyway?

Yes, a TJ has an external roll bar, but do you think the ZJ would just crumple like a pop can if rolled?

Quote:
... Out.
Thats too bad. Maybe stick around a little bit and see that we are a reasonable bunch and enjoy our Jeeps just as much as the other guy/gal. Next time it would be benificial to all if you can contribute some contructive info.

To the original poster:

Some of the info on the NAGCA site said that it weakens the unibody when the doors are off. Only the rear hatch provides structural support for the unibody

-Tim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KD8EBC
'94 ZJ 5.2 LTD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JCR Rock Sliders

post #22 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 06:44 PM
randyszj94

1994 ZJ 

http://myspace-766.vo.llnwd.net/0022...20494766_l.jpg

i take my doors off all the time in the summer, in a 94zj like i have,,, u take the wiring harness (black) in out first there is a damn scew in there forget the name of it tho u need special wrecnch or somthing,, then take out the 4 bolts n boom,, also instead of unpluggin ur door system for th elights,,, just take the fuse for ur interior lights out works easyer =) any other questions i can tell u...
post #23 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 08:01 PM
zaq123

1941 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Dude, Woody you are so full of holes I dont know where to start.

Lets start by the beginning. (Jesus! do I have to get into yet ANOTHER scrap with someone that cant keep their mouth shut??)

Dude, I won't go into all this BS but I just want to say one thing for sure

Mess with Woody you mess with the whole Grand forum here

Behave please, we won't ban you but darn sure we can bananize you if you now what I mean
post #24 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 08:06 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123
Mess with Woody you mess with the whole Grand forum here

I had his back

Ken

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch

post #25 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I think that we can discuss this without anymore interruptions from him. 'nuff said on that.

Hunter

04 4.7 HO, limited
04 4.7 HO, Overland

08 Z71 Suburban, front leveling kit with rear spacers. 285/65 18s Nitto TerraGrappler G2s

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4

For your performance needs:

post #26 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 08:30 PM
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

He was eliminated from further input. Edited by Hunter for political correctness.

Can't say I didn't warn him

Ken

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

post #27 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Double E
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

That's so funny...

Here's Woody's data:

1994 ZJ (Michelle)
184,000 troublefree miles
4.0, NP242, 2.5" Banks Power Pack, 5.5" Heinz 57 Lift , Rusty's Steering Conversion/front Adj LCA's, 31" BFG KO's / Black steelies, OBA pump, Uniden CB W/108" whip, Trac Loc here, now to get it installed, gears someday soon, Woody's little helper fuel pump mod
Moving to Fairbanks in June, can't wait to leave the desert
Check my gallery for some of my adventures.

(He's got well over 1000 posts and provides helpful info.)

On the other end....

Here's our "contributor" Unltd77 with sage advice for an honest question:

Heres a no brainer! - BuY A WRANGLER!
"There's only One Jeep!"
Black 05 Jeep Unlimited
H-Package black soft-top

K&N Intake system, Borla cat back exhaust. Stay tuned for major upgrades after tax season!

If you think I care...You are wrong.

(Funny still the claim of innocently stopping by by stating "I wondered why a grand owner would want to do something to their vehicle that wasnt designed to do.")

-No he didn't. He just showed his lack of ability to be quiet when not needed or wanted.

Yep Woody....we have your back and think little of the 20-post wonder with self-noted ambitions to display a lack of respect for all.

zj333, I'd say take em off & see how it goes, put em back on when done & be sure you have a place to set them down for safe storage.... Good luck with that and post a pic of your fun!

"We have it totally under control. Itís one person coming in from China. We have it under control. Itís going to be just fine." ~D. Trump, Jan 22, 2020.
post #28 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 10:10 PM
ZJ_COWBOY

1994 ZJ 

GC dont crumple when rolled over. Trust me, I did it.

RIP 93' ZJ
RIP 98' Dodge Neon

94 ZJ $200 Project.
post #29 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Swamp Boy

1993 ZJ 

You couod go to the bone yard and buy a second set and do something like this..

I just did it to my doors.. But if you actually want windows sometime you can get a set from the boneyard...

I for one can tell you that I like to wheel my grand because it came with a factory fuel injected V8..If I could get that in a TJ I would have one.. But sadly enough you get a pitiful 4.0 ...With a little modification..............(Ok.. Alot of modification ..) I have around 350HP ..And a 111" Wheelbase (stretched a tiny bit)
That and the fact that I can seat 5 (well I can only seat 3 with the racing seats..) but I have a big area in the back for carrying crap ...Grands make awesome offroad machines.. Yes, they have their short comings.. (unibody) but they are overall great rides...

Not to mention I dont personally like the way wranglers ride ...To bumpy and loud for my sophisticated taste...

But the point was ...The doors arent that hard to get off...But they are pretty heavy. and you will need two people to get them off...

Carl

Just another soccer moms Grocery getter....

post #30 of 49 Old 10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
grandman97

swampy- i am really thinking about getting another set of dooors and doing something like u did, but i was also thing about just fabbing up a couple tube doors.. did u ever think of just doing that instead of cutting the doors like u did? if so why did u lean your way instead of the other way?? i

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in