Factory Service Manual - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
startcraft1

Factory Service Manual

Hey Guys,
This is my first post on here and it is actually for a friend. It's his birthday tomorrow and I am trying to find for him a 1998 factory service manual so that he can work on his 1998 5.9 limited. I looked on the internet and I have been coming up short. I'm not looking for a free one (although I would take it), I just need a downloadable one so I can give it to him by tomorrow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM
timmay5309

1998 ZJ 

The quickest way to download one is probably on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-GRAND-C...cf3b2d&vxp=mtr

This way they will send you a link, and you can download it right after purchase. Hope this helps!
post #3 of 7 Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
AVR2
Web Wheeler
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by startcraft1 View Post
Hey Guys,
I am trying to find for him a 1998 factory service manual so that he can work on his 1998 5.9 limited. I looked on the internet and I have been coming up short
Seriously?

I'm not being funny here, but finding downloadable FSMs on the internet is just about the easiest thing imaginable. I just Googled "jeep 1998 zj factory service manual download" and there are dozens of links. Anyway, you should be fixed up now

post #4 of 7 Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 AM
iser

1997 ZJ 

k i finally found one after scouring the internet for like an hour, only to realize that it's the exact same thing as alldata so pretty much wasted my time.

btw, alldata is so awesome. i would not have been able to learn as much as i have if it wasn't for me just sitting on my laptop and clicking every link in that program. it's like the fsm in wiki format. if anyone needs anything looked up from alldata, just let me know.

- REST IN PEACE, RATMONKEY -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Specs- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
Upcoming Projects- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"
- gen. george patton
post #5 of 7 Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 AM
x10radsponge
1998 ZJ 

Is the Alldata easily printable such as pdf's? Or are you stuck running back and fourth to your computer. I just looked it up and for 16.95 sounds good.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 AM
iser

1997 ZJ 

you can easily print. find the article you want, and press print. simple as that. i have a list of tasks i want to accomplish. then i go into alldata and find the articles regarding those tasks. press print. go to the shop and start working. i actually have about half of it printed already, and i thought about just printing the entire thing since i like having paper reference a lot. but the cost of ink/paper added up pretty quick, so i just have a dedicated $200 old netbook dedicated to alldata that i leave in my jeep.

but alldata is like the wiki version of fsm. it's sooooo useful.

also, i just got adobe acrobat x, so i can make pdfs out of anything. if anyone wants an alldata pdf printout of a certain topic, let me know, and i'll get you the pdf. here is an example: ALLDATA PDF for Intake Manifold Replacement

- REST IN PEACE, RATMONKEY -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Specs- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
Upcoming Projects- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"
- gen. george patton
post #7 of 7 Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
mtsgsd
1999 WJ 

Garage
I saw that ebay thread and didn't know if I could trust it. Finally ordered the manuals from Chrysler for $47 dollars plus shipping and the first manual (0 with the specs and such) was actually a second copy of the exhaust section! grrr. At least everything else is ok.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in