• 1 Post By wingless
  • 1 Post By rep-tile

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-18-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Complete DRB II Kit on eBay

Note: I have ZERO interest or affiliation w/ the seller or w/ the listing. This is provided for informational purposes only.

Here is a complete DRB II for sale on eBay.

This is useful for '93 - '95 ZJ Grand Cherokee Jeeps, w/ OBD I system.

The first generation ZJ has three diagnostic connectors, one above the gas pedal for the ABS, one at the passenger seat transmission hump for the air bag and the last at the PCM for the engine.

The interior connectors are one shape, the PCM is a different shape. The DRB II requires two different cables so interconnection to all three connectors is possible. Many prior listings don't have both interface cables.

Here is my DRB II. It has been handy. Note the adapter in the right of the image is not required for the ZJ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-18-2019, 10:59 AM
Wolfeman1992

1994 ZJ 

Garage
That would be helpful for my 94 OBDII has spoiled me on diagnosing problems

94 ZJ 4.5" on 31s
post #3 of 8 Old 11-25-2019, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

FYI, there is room in the sale price. The seller just sent me an offer w/ a 5% discount.
Wolfeman1992 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-29-2019, 01:02 AM
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
darn it's sold .
But I'M TO TIGHT TO HAVE GIVEN 399.00 BUCKS .. BUT THE GUYS AT OLD WORK SURE LOVED THOSE THINGS .
post #5 of 8 Old 11-30-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Yes, that listing is done. It was good in that the system was complete, w/ the parts required to fully service the first generation ZJ. Listings for those complete systems are getting more and more rare.

The seller for this listing (the listing is currently an empty placeholder) is toolafterlife.

He was contacted about the empty listing. He responded that he has ten DRB II systems and cables of various conditions and will create a system as-required.

Assuming that is all correct, when my image is examined, these are the parts required for a first generation ZJ:

the DRB II
the yellow label DRB II Super Cartridge 1983-1994 (V8.0)
the wye interface cable w/ the large alligator clip
the interface cable w/ just the block connector and the round connector

Note my image shows a DRB II Jeep / Eagle Adapter. That is not required for / used with the first generation ZJ.

There are other things that were initially included w/ the DRB II, such as a nice plastic case, a 9x11" paper instruction manual, plastic laminated instruction index cards. All cool to have, but not required to do the job.

Good luck! Please post any updates.

post #6 of 8 Old 12-04-2019, 12:16 AM
rep-tile
Cash 4 Clunkers Survivor

2004 WJ 

On ebay, if you run a search for DRB II (or whatever else), then hit 'save this search', you get an email notification every time a new item matching your keywords pops up.
Wolfeman1992 likes this.

04 WJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, DB-ALL
91 XJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, Stage-2 aFe intake system, BBK high flow Throttle Body, Jones Exhaust A3518M-5
post #7 of 8 Old 12-04-2019, 11:43 PM
tetatdo
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
Yes, that listing is done. It was good in that the system was complete, w/ the parts required to fully service the first generation ZJ. Listings for those complete systems are getting more and more rare.

The seller for this listing (the listing is currently an empty placeholder) is toolafterlife.

He was contacted about the empty listing. He responded that he has ten DRB II systems and cables of various conditions and will create a system as-required.

Assuming that is all correct, when my image is examined, these are the parts required for a first generation ZJ:

the DRB II
the yellow label DRB II Super Cartridge 1983-1994 (V8.0)
the wye interface cable w/ the large alligator clip
the interface cable w/ just the block connector and the round connector

Note my image shows a DRB II Jeep / Eagle Adapter. That is not required for / used with the first generation ZJ.

There are other things that were initially included w/ the DRB II, such as a nice plastic case, a 9x11" paper instruction manual, plastic laminated instruction index cards. All cool to have, but not required to do the job.

Good luck! Please post any updates.

man! that's an insane price! I picked up my complete drb, (just like this one) in 2015 for less than half that.

Your estimation on what you need is correct, but the v7.0 super cartridge also works just fine with the OBD-I ZJ. I think even the v6.0 does too. (I have both)

honestly theyre useful to an extent. You can pull timing up to -6 degrees, reset the air intake bypass solenoid and read the long term/short term fuel trims and sensor data on the engine side. You can read airbag and abs codes, and run the bleed procedure. Other than that they dont do too much else.

A few of us were working on a project to get that data from the main ECU a while back. The program actually exists to read chrysler ECUs. The only thing left to map were the memory locations in the ECU to the right sensors. I was working on it for a while and just gave up due to time constraints.

Tetatdo
94 ZJ 4.0L/NV242 WJ Manifold, 63mm TB, Kolak 2.5" Exhaust, 703 Injectors, SBEC-II Tune
post #8 of 8 Old 12-05-2019, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
wingless
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetatdo View Post
nestly theyre useful to an extent. You can pull timing up to -6 degrees, reset the air intake bypass solenoid and read the long term/short term fuel trims and sensor data on the engine side. You can read airbag and abs codes, and run the bleed procedure. Other than that they dont do too much else.
They are also useful for the generator test, as-shown in this topic to maintain the elevated RPM and to clear the CEL fault caused by the required testing short circuit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in