Common ZJ Problems / Tutorial On How To Fix Them - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 283 Old 07-30-2015, 11:52 AM
cutherland95
1998 ZJ 

Has anyone had issues with 4x4? I engage it and it doesn't work, and grinds. I'm thinking TC, but wanted to see if anyone else had a different opinion before I pull it off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 283 Old 07-30-2015, 11:54 AM
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Shifting from 4ft to 4lo on your niner?

How are you shifting? In neutral barely rolling?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
post #273 of 283 Old 08-02-2015, 07:46 PM
RodrigoVolpato
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutherland95
Has anyone had issues with 4x4? I engage it and it doesn't work, and grinds. I'm thinking TC, but wanted to see if anyone else had a different opinion before I pull it off.
hi, try to ajust the handle position, 4wd to neutral and 4low, maybe it is in a wrong position! my jeep did the same thing, I just ajust the handle! it is located in the front of the TC, very easy to
ajust! regards

post #274 of 283 Old 08-02-2015, 08:01 PM
RodrigoVolpato
1998 ZJ 

Hi Guys, my 98 zj v8 engine have some problems with the transmision! let me explain. when I'm driving in the city, all the four gear are working well. When I got muddling in low range my jeep just stay in the 1st gear and don't any gear more. Turn to hi 4wd the problem is solved, all the four gear works well. I changed the speed sensor, but still the same thing! Does anyone knows what it could be???
post #275 of 283 Old 10-17-2015, 01:56 PM
mybabyjasper
1996 ZJ 

#8. rear wiper not working: i've had it happen multiple times - take off the arm and tighten the teeth alignment. it usually just slips off tracks and then won't grip.
post #276 of 283 Old 10-17-2015, 01:58 PM
mybabyjasper
1996 ZJ 

PCM/ECM flaw

you also left out the slew of issues that arise from the bad PCM/ECM. SO MANY ISSUES COME FROM THIS and it's a SUPER common flaw in ZJs.
post #277 of 283 Old 10-17-2015, 09:20 PM
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyjasper View Post
you also left out the slew of issues that arise from the bad PCM/ECM. SO MANY ISSUES COME FROM THIS and it's a SUPER common flaw in ZJs.
That would be a great write up if someone were so inclined.

post #278 of 283 Old 10-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Fenian
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have a wierd one....my high beams work, and they go from high to low and back no problem, but my blue indicator light in the instrument cluster won't come on. I have removed the clluter adn checked the bulb and it is fine.
post #279 of 283 Old 11-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Detroitwrecker
2006 KJ Liberty 

Both front seats stopped working

2006 Jeep liberty 3.7 Limited. Loaded. Leather power heated seats. The heated seats work great but, all of the sudden both front seats will not adjust at all. I went loking for the fuse ALL fuses in under hood and JB inside jeep on drivers side is good. I keep being told there is a circuit breaker, I even bought the circuit breaker. My problem is that, NO ONE seems to know where this circuit breaker goes. I am aware of the relays and circuit breakers on the opposite side of the interior fuse panel but I have yet to find a diagram explaining what each one is???? WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!??? Most of my hair is gone and I'm in my forties hoping to keep my hair! Does anyone have a detailed diagram and explanation of ALL FUSE PANELS AND JB'S??? Or you can just tell me where tey are so I can get my power seats working again. PLEASE.
post #280 of 283 Old 11-21-2015, 05:26 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

This is the ZJ (1993-1998 Grand Cherokee) section of the forum. The vehicles are not similar. You will have much better luck posting in the KJ section of the forum over here: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/

1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
post #281 of 283 Old 11-25-2015, 07:44 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitwrecker View Post
2006 Jeep liberty 3.7 Limited. Loaded. Leather power heated seats. The heated seats work great but, all of the sudden both front seats will not adjust at all. I went loking for the fuse ALL fuses in under hood and JB inside jeep on drivers side is good. I keep being told there is a circuit breaker, I even bought the circuit breaker. My problem is that, NO ONE seems to know where this circuit breaker goes. I am aware of the relays and circuit breakers on the opposite side of the interior fuse panel but I have yet to find a diagram explaining what each one is???? WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!??? Most of my hair is gone and I'm in my forties hoping to keep my hair! Does anyone have a detailed diagram and explanation of ALL FUSE PANELS AND JB'S??? Or you can just tell me where tey are so I can get my power seats working again. PLEASE.
Hey Detroit wrecker,

You can access this info on pg. 350 of your owner’s manual. You can access your owner’s manual by using this link: http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/. Please let me know if you have any questions.
post #282 of 283 Old 01-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Para32
1998 ZJ 

A GREAT Summary, but half of these links are dead now....
post #283 of 283 Old 01-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

The original thread within this thread with live links can be linked through this post.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/c...l#post27084369

2004 4.7L WJ Limited, 96 4.0 ZJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in