93 grand cherokee larado powered window problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-24-2021, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Wildbunnykasa

93 grand cherokee larado powered window problems

So I today noticed an odd new issue I cant find clear information on. My powered windows all stopped working at once. I tested the fuse it was good, I swapped to my replacment master switch and all the windows responded for a little before no longer responding on any switch. I moved back to the initial master switch after this. I noticed my altenator gauge was really low and thought it might be battery till I accidently bumped the window lock button. The altenator gauge went back to normal and my driver window and both passanger side windows now work from my master switch. But when unlocked I get the power drain and all switches are unresponsive. Would appreciate any information or experince anyone has on this, right now at the shop having my battery checked

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-25-2021, 04:02 AM
yjsaabman
1930 CJ2 

The window lock disables the rear windows, so I would look to the rear windows/door wiring for the issue. Check the wiring in the door jambs for broken wires missing insulation that can create a short.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 Old 06-25-2021, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Wildbunnykasa

I will look at wiring when I can but would wiring cause a massive powerdrain when swirching modes from locked to unlocked windows.

Update new battery and altenator are in and the issue still exhists but now I have no control over either back window, and when in windows unlocked mode my power gauge drops rappidly even when driving.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-25-2021, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Wildbunnykasa

Update 2 while going to work I noticed the power drain spikes are linked to driver side back wi dow as I been keeping the windows locked so only driver door switch works I bunprd the back driver window and noticed a huge drain on the altinator that made my vehical shudder as id it wanted to stall
post #5 of 7 Old 06-25-2021, 10:49 AM
jeepjeepster

I would be suspect of the wiring in the hinge area, but thats just my opinion from the couch. Sounds like a direct short since simply rolling up my windows wont make my jeep bog down.

1994 ZJ-I6 w/270,000 mi
1998 ZJ 5.9 w/66,000 mi Slate Black
2004 KJ w/108,000 mi
post #6 of 7 Old 06-25-2021, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Wildbunnykasa

Ok will look into all the wires sunday morning in a heat wave and wanna do it when its nice and cool and I dont have to work.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-25-2021, 03:20 PM
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Check the wiring from the windows circuit breaker in the passenger side of the dash. It runs down the A pillar and then back to the windows and there is a spot that it can rub through on the sheet metal. Mine did that. Killed the passenger side rear window and was constantly shorting and tripping the circuit breaker. The circuit breaker was hot so you might be able to tell easily.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in